Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
It is a lovely room but that sofa between the speakers? Also that glass-fronted cabinet on the left hand side seems to be bang on first reflection point?

I try not to get obsessed about this stuff, it doesn't do anything for being able to relax and enjoy music, and it probably doesn't have too much of a bad effect on the sound quality, but I would have to move that sofa. And move the turntable out of the corner too.
You have a keen Eye for potential room acoustic problems Martin and you are spot on. But believe it or not although the sofa may look an issue it actually sounds better with it there. I can and have moved it out of the room but there is no benefit. Now regarding the glass book case to the left you are correct it is an issue and I have to do something about that which will happen. Luckily the croft preamp has separate controls for right and left channel so I can compensate a little for the reflections with this as indeed you would in any room that had irregular acoustics.

The turntable in the corner is not an issue. I have no acoustic feedback problems at all with it situated there. Nothing gets through to to even though it is near the speaker even when I have massive bass tracks and lots of volume. It is absolutely rock solid and acoustically isolated with the set up I have more of which later. It is no worse than putting the turntable on an equipment rack between the speakers which is then subjegated to both with airborne and mechanical vibration. I grant you the only probable improvement may be a wall shelf?