+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Nah, just sitting on his lap digging his knitting needles in Five years now and not a day goes past without me thinking fondly of him, his mukka the supreme Titchpuss and their antics.............

Here's my current little pal from next door. He comes to inspect his premises! every day and stops for a good fuss at the same time

Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Grant.

CHE CHE JUST BEFORE SHE DIED A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AT AGE 20..... alas much missed and although she scratched damn near everything she never went near my speakers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Wow twenty is a good age , lots of fond memories I'm sure distinctive cat too.

I'm Gary.

Love how they do that multitasking independent satellite tracking dish thing with their ears dsjr

I think they can locate really accurately just with sound as I've thrown scrunched up paper from behind our cat and without looking she has just thrown a paw up and knocked it out of mid air

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzamongo View Post
    Wow twenty is a good age , lots of fond memories I'm sure distinctive cat too.
    YES, she was part Persian apparently...did not like too many people...a typical snooty cat, but was always my girl, and died lying beside me at night. Not looking at her best there, coat wise, but was a big cat and when younger bossed the neighborhood..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    YES, she was part Persian apparently...did not like too many people...a typical snooty cat, but was always my girl, and died lying beside me at night. Not looking at her best there, coat wise, but was a big cat and when younger bossed the neighborhood..
    Don't suffer from low self esteem do they , sky Is part Persian , part tortoiseshell ( hence possessing the quality of tortitude ) and we find she's pretty judgement all with people too. Crucially though , people she didn't like ended up being people that we fell out with at some point later.

Trusting the torty one in future

I'm Gary.

Don't suffer from low self esteem do they , sky Is part Persian , part tortoiseshell ( hence possessing the quality of tortitude ) and we find she's pretty judgement all with people too. Crucially though , people she didn't like ended up being people that we fell out with at some point later.

Trusting the torty one in future
    ... Cough , the more cat experty person in my household advises she's part Persian part domestic short hair and that tortoiseshell describes the coat/attitude not the breed.... Guess I'm a cat noob , I just think they rock as companions and its very special that an almost wild creature can befriend silly humans , apart from Siegfried and Roy who took a little too much for granted

I'm Grant.

Always liked cats......dogs as well tbh..son can bring his border terrier round now the killer cat has departed.....and borders aint generally feared of cats... She could be a real nasty piece of work when it suited.lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

apart from Siegfried and Roy who took a little too much for granted

No cat at the moment, but have promised avatar #1 we'll seriously consider it in a month or so when we get back from holiday. Not that I don't like cats - I LOVE them, but it's the heartbreak of losing them I can't stand - living on a busy road opposite a wood doesn't help as they will be looking to take a chance all the time.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rich.

HRH Chester.... My old mate who was taken in as a beaten up stray 11 years ago. He loves his life of comfort and realises he doesn't have so many of his lives left now so he's a real homebody these days.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast