+ Reply to Thread
Page 3016 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 2016251629162966300630143015301630173018 ... LastLast
Results 30,151 to 30,160 of 30218

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I’d forgotten about them too! Off to do some incognito mode googling!

Propellerheads - Decksanddrumsandroackandroll (1998)

Classic breakbeat from the English duo.

True story. In 1999 I went on holiday with my then wife and the in laws To California in the good old US of A. Writeable CDs were a relatively new thing, and I decided to make a compilation CD of songs that featured California in the title, so California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas, Californication by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Californie by Air - you get the picture. Well, track number 1 was Take California, the first track on this Propellerheads album.

We collected the full-size Buick from the Rental company, and I proudly announced that I had made a California road trip CD, duly inserted into the CD player, and then Take California exploded out of the speakers at what can only be described as eardrum rupturing levels. My father in law nearly had a heart attack, my mother in law (probably) pissed herself and my ex-wife screamed at me and my CD was banned for the rest of the trip. The beginning of the end.
    I bet watching the big shoot up scene in "The Matrix" brings back such happy memories! I almost followed my Orbital session the other day with this (having not played it in years, quite a coincidence eh), but then Mrs. P came home to spoil my fun.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

Hmm, I'm familiar with "Yes sir I can Boogie", and "Sorry I'm a Lady", but not "And Others". I'm sure it'll be very good though

Something on telly which has become a regular for me and Anita lately: old TOTP episodes from 7pm to 9pm on BBC4 Fridays. This week will be 1978, 1992 and 1996. Some good stuff on that (Baccara was on a couple of weeks ago iirc), as well as a lot of crap.

Here you go Dom, just in case your album doesn't include a lyric sheet, now you can join in

https://genius.com/Baccara-sorry-im-a-lady-lyrics

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Dominick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hmm, I'm familiar with "Yes sir I can Boogie", and "Sorry I'm a Lady", but not "And Others". I'm sure it'll be very good though

Something on telly which has become a regular for me and Anita lately: old TOTP episodes from 7pm to 9pm on BBC4 Fridays. This week will be 1978, 1992 and 1996. Some good stuff on that (Baccara was on a couple of weeks ago iirc), as well as a lot of crap.

Here you go Dom, just in case your album doesn't include a lyric sheet, now you can join in

https://genius.com/Baccara-sorry-im-a-lady-lyrics
    Why thank you Steve !

I'm Dominick.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    Good one Dom!
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Dead Can Dance – Dionysus
    Label: [pias] – PIASR440LP
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, I'm with You.

Only played this once since I bought it back in 2011. I thought it was rough and noisy, even by RHCP standards.

This is what Wikipedia has to say:

"I'm With You was claimed to be the first album specially mastered to optimize digital sound quality for iTunes Store customers who purchase the album through iTunes. The album was mastered using high-resolution sourced audio. Despite this, the mastering has been deemed extremely loud and over-compressed and therefore distorted, continuing the trend since One Hot Minute. "

Whatever, all I know is my ears are bleeding. So this can go onto the "never again" shelf and I'll find something a bit more mellow.
    Well, I'm with you (excuse the pun) on what you say but, I don't dislike the album; even though John F was missing, I still thought the guy that John F recommended did a fair job!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Rick James - Street Songs (1981)

That was fun! After 4 hours driving and an intense meeting, just what I needed!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Rick James - Street Songs (1981)

That was fun! After 4 hours driving and an intense meeting, just what I needed!
    If you'd gone into your meeting dressed like that it might have been less intense.

T'other system:

A/V:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

If you'd gone into your meeting dressed like that it might have been less intense.
    Who says I didn’t?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread