Hahahaha..... Lots of people think that! No, it's just a cupboard for keeping blankets in and such like, or as some like to imagine, my S&M dungeon where all sorts of weird and wonderful things happen!

I rather liked my Cheviots, but I did think them a "little lacking" at the top end. I dont know how much an "improved" crossover would help here.
A lot! I had the same problem with my Monitor Golds, in that they sounded a bit cuddly and shut-in, before I upgraded the crossovers with top-notch caps, etc. The result of doing so literally transformed them, lifting a veil over the sound which was restricting the performance from arguably one of the best drive units ever made.

Now they sound truly astonishing and have not only breathtaking drive and scale in the bass, but one of the most open sounding and communicative midrange presentations I've heard from any speaker so far, together with a lovely sparkle and extension at the top end, which makes them sound bang up to date and modern.

Now they're not just so Goddamn musically addictive, in the Tannoy DC tradition, but also much more accurate, and thus tick all the 'hi-fi boxes', too....

Trust me you haven't heard your Cheviots yet until you upgrade their ancient crossovers!

Marco.