+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957971475471047 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by s70rmp View Post
    it wasnt very good !
    The film or the (cough) rip?
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    The film or the (cough) rip?
    the film, the rip was excellent 10gb rip

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post

City of Life and Death

An impressive film but very distressing viewing ! The Japanese Army reached a depth of cruelty and callousness that was truly staggering .
    I bought that recently not watched it yet. Many Chinese hate the Japanese because of that incident and others like it.

Regards D S D L

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I haven't, Mark, but I'll look out for it.

I tend to like the thoughtful slow-burners like The Jacket, The Thirteenth Floor, Monsters, The Fountain, Never Let Me Go, The Keep, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner etc. Nearly all SF or fantasy. I do like a good action film, too, but not banal stuff.
    All great films.

The Keep should be brought out on DVD, soon I hope but the book is so much better than the film.

Regards D S D L

synsei Guest

A film I keep coming back to simply because it is a fun watch and a bit 'oddball' is Pushing Tin, starring John Cusak, Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett and Billy Bob Thornton. IMDb ~ Pushing Tin

Someone mentioned Existenz a while back, which is a seriously good movie. Also, lookout for The Hidden, starring Kyle MacLachlen which is a much better film than the IMDb datatbase would have you believe... The Hidden ~ IMDb

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The Keep should be brought out on DVD, soon I hope
    Do you have any hard info on that, Neil? I would love to see it reach DVD if not Blu-ray.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Been introducing Avatar to the original series of Bagpuss on DVD... I'm not sure she's impressed, but I had a great time!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I got the new Blu-ray / DVD BFI release of Barbet Schroeder's 'More', music by Floyd, always a favourite of mine.
    As Martin says 'The Valley' is worth watching aswell, i have that same new dual format edition of 'More', my 'The Valley' DVD is also the dual format on BFI.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Been introducing Avatar to the original series of Bagpuss on DVD... I'm not sure she's impressed, but I had a great time!
    The wife bought that a while back, only cost her a few quid, i don't think she's watched it yet tho.

I was gonna watch Norman Wisdom 'Early Bird' today but never got around to it. I used to love these type of films on a Sunday afternoon..

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just watched Paxman interview Boris Johnson on Newsnight... Seriously, if you have access to BBC iPlayer it is a "must see" - regardless of your politics, just watch Paxman try not to kill himself laughing... A classic!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Just watched Paxman interview Boris Johnson on Newsnight... Seriously, if you have access to BBC iPlayer it is a "must see" - regardless of your politics, just watch Paxman try not to kill himself laughing... A classic!
    Yeh was good

+ Reply to Thread