+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755951455451045 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Off to enjoy Star Wars - Revenge Of The Sith I did say one a day... Actually i did try & watch this last night, i got through 40 minutes & thought i'd better hit the sack

All 3 films of the new trilogy are superb. There is virtually no grain to distract from the picture, just the way i like it. The pictures themselves, well i wanted to see film number 3 having enjoyed the first & second so much...

Superb on blu ray 10/10 without a doubt!
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Paul.

I am very tempted by them ! and it's payday on Monday !!

I'm john.

Watched an excellent pirate dvd copy of Troll Hunter....not a bad movie IMO and somehow quite original.
    John.

Ok, so this CD is about to end & i'm going to be powering up the BD player for Star Wars - A New Hope... The original Star Wars

If this BD looks good then the whole lot should as this is the earliest release, like all the others it'll be watched on my TV as it's 2.35:1, it might be scaled to 2560 x 1080 but i know it'll show up more problems if there are any

See you guys & girls tomorrow, hope you all have a great weekend

I was meant to be off out tonight but it was knocked on the head earlier... No loss
    Bests, Mark

I'm Bob.

Growing OP - Hilarious and very well done.

I was very impressed with Star Wars - A New Hope on blu ray There were only a few scenes where grain was evident & these generally occured in high contrast scenes (sky & desert). No trace of digital noise reduction to clean things up, everything is vastly more detailed...

I guess the whole set is as good as it's going to get

Off to watch the one a day Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back I love blu ray (done right)
    Bests, Mark

I'm Nick.

I got the new Blu-ray / DVD BFI release of Barbet Schroeder's 'More', music by Floyd, always a favourite of mine. Great 'Making of' doc, and the foreign language subtitles aren't burnt in on this version (thank you BFI!). Having watched the BR transfer yet but I've thoroughly enjoyed watching it again (again again!) on DVD. Well worth getting hold of if you are a fan of the late sixties counter-culture or c. 1969 Floyd...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

Obscured by Clouds and Zabriskie Point are also worth pursuing for Floyd music.

I'm Martin.

'Touch of Evil' with Orson Welles. First time I have ever seen this film which is considered a minor classic and is referenced in so many other movies. Don't know how it has avoided me for so long but what a fantastic film with brilliant performances and a haunting atmosphere. They don't make 'em like this anymore, more's the pity.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

'The Man Who Fell to Earth'. Has aged surprisingly well, but definitely too long at about two and a quarter hours.

+ Reply to Thread