Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Location: Halifax, UK
Posts: 1,394
I'm Nick.
I have rolled a bunch of tubes. 6a3 of any brand are very good . the tonsil as some regard as really good are but in truth I prefer the Sylvania and relabled Sylvania's over it. the green writing or green leaf are very good. if looking for new the Sophia princess blacks are also very good. thevt52 are ok but lack a bit. the psvane 101d metal is nice but thin in comparison to the 6a3. I do feel the rolling is fantastic to allow us to tailor our systems to get the sound we crave and cheap . doing the rolling in the dac is better than in cables and the change is massive in some cases.
I wish I could write much more of what I hear but lack the time to do so .
rolling a lampi is the most fun I have had in audio in a long time. roll on people.
al
Al have you tried 6B4Gs with an adaptor yet? If so what did you think?
Anyone with a pair of ELROG 300Bs is most welcome here. Just state which bottle of expensive wine you require before you show up![]()
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Posts: 41
I'm Tony.
Location: Halifax, UK
Posts: 1,394
I'm Nick.
I have some somewhere, the ecc40 is a nice sounding valves used it for a number of things. This chap seems to have a few.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B8A-RIMLOC...item3f35fa7d26
Nick.
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Posts: 41
I'm Tony.