+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 274

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

  1. #51
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonerei View Post
    Timing is everything! Got my first listen to a Big 7 last night. Just to look the unit is really impressive. Perspex lid allows a glimpse of what lays beneath. It is bloody Big. Largest Dac I have ever seen. Barely any hours on it but as Justin reports above this is very special sounding. I have a L4.5 which sounds lovely to me but B7 is just a big leap ahead of it in terms of density of texture, harmonic richness and huge soundstage. Can't see where you could go after this. Tried it against a Meitner also and while the MA1 probably resolves detail to a 'greater' level the B7 is the one I would pick as a keeper. Would reckon Lukasz has a lot of customers with enough funds beating a door to upgrade to L7/B7 should mean some secondhand bargains for those interested in this flavour of dac. It wont be everybody's cup of tea. DCS lovers will more than likely run a mile but for beguiling and enthralling sound the B7 is the only one.
    Glad you've heard it Tony. Nice to have some affirmation I'm not imagining things or more specifically not talking complete BS.
    Last edited by User211; 06-08-2014 at 19:21.

  2. #52
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Well, with some Cunningham CX-345s on the way, it may interest some to know that Cunningham was a tube bootlegger around 1915-20!

  3. #53
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    The Cunningham 45 globes are amazing. Head and shoulders better than anything so far.

    Does this DAC sound better than my analogue front end? You're too damn right it does - GyroOrbe\Morch DP6\Orpheus\Trichord Diablo NCPSU so pretty good really. And by no small stretch. The L4 couldn't really pull that trick off. This DAC can. Easily. It is a much better listen all round and far more consistent over various recordings.

    I thought maybe the B7 lacked some speed, as I did the L7. Speed is there is spades with these 45s. As is awesomely well controlled bass that drops really low with full control. Imaging is superb and resolution is just crazy. Separation of instruments is superb. And the feeling you have something in front of you that is real is vey high indeed.

    Why the hell these old valves are so damned good I do not know. But they are. Why they sound so fast when there is obviously no hype in the mid band or above I do not know. These were made post Cunningham's bootlegging days, when against all odds he had secured some very favourable court rulings when all odds were stacked against him. A cunning man indeed.

    They are an outstanding achievement and I wonder whether the RCA engineers ever knew it? Well, if the Silbertone system at Munich this year was anything to go by, they bloody well did! I reckon Joe would approve of this device, though there's a chance I might be wrong

    I wonder whether Lukasz knows just how good they are? I've passed a heads up back to him via appropriate channels.

  4. #54
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Er... that would be Silbatone

    Apologies for seemingly over-hyping this DAC. But I really do believe it is a step forward.

  5. #55
    Join Date: Aug 2013

    Location: London

    Posts: 129
    I'm Ked.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Er... that would be Silbatone

    Apologies for seemingly over-hyping this DAC. But I really do believe it is a step forward.
    Can you please stop posting, I am trying hard not to upgrade from my 5 here.

    But yeah, a guy who owns the 30k msb stack seems to have preferred this and a guy with total dac said it was no competition. This tube rolling is very tempting

  6. #56
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Repeat after me: "I am waiting for level 8, which is bound to use 2x WE 212" LOL When that comes out, there's always level 9 to wait even longer for

  7. #57
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Can you please stop posting, I am trying hard not to upgrade from my 5 here.

    But yeah, a guy who owns the 30k msb stack seems to have preferred this and a guy with total dac said it was no competition. This tube rolling is very tempting

    Yup, I was at the guys house to tea the Big7 and the MSB stack. Lampi was more analog sounding.

  8. #58
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    The MSB DACs were in a lot of rooms at Munich 2011. From what I can remember, they all sounded great. This was probably my fave room using one. Video shot by me.


  9. #59
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: gone

    Posts: 11,510
    I'm gone.

    Default

    Your kit may be too good now, Justin - I'm not sure I want to hear it!

    I'll invite myself round once your new speakers have arrived.
    .

  10. #60
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Discuss at Silverstone Jerry sure we'll meet up as per last year.

    Duetta issue you knew about has been resolved now. Just waiting for some custom made 1950s space style "Duettas Interstella" plaques to get finished. I did the art work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •