Will do Leo. I have already changed 10 PSU diodes on the main board to Schottky's so no problem wielding a soldering iron!...
sorry, I am no David Bailey!
Will do Leo. I have already changed 10 PSU diodes on the main board to Schottky's so no problem wielding a soldering iron!...
sorry, I am no David Bailey!
They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.
FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12
Ok, first audioboard, its pretty simple tbh but worth a try, parts won't leave you poor
Where do you order your bits from, Farnell? The film caps I used to like are no longer available so will need to try a few alternatives to compare
Of course we can go further, much further with the audioboard but isn't easy, some things need to be built on veroboard like a new output stage
Things like the clock and voltage regulation does benefit from upgrading but will add much more to the cost
![]()
Cheers,
Leo
Great thanks Leo! I do have an account with Farnell, who I find to be very well priced. The two opams you have arrowed, I have already changed the NE's to OPA134's. (if you look closely you can see the sockets I added) I was thinking of trying a couple of others, but I will leave that until I have done some more of the mods you suggest. (have you seen the bloody price of OPA627's???)
Thanks again, I will get ordering tomorrow...
Oh, what does NHG mean?
They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.
FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12
main board
and Farnell parts, obviously some come in packs of 5
1000uf 50v NHG (9 needed) http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/eca1...50v/dp/9693009
100uf 25v NHG (2 needed) http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/eca1...25v/dp/9692827
10uf 25v oscon (4 needed) http://uk.farnell.com/sanyo/25sc10m/...25v/dp/9188690
Can't find 3300uf, I think its 25v? been a while since I been inside this cdp
You can use what you like, worth changing mainly for reliability
I personally liked OP27 best in both I/V position and the output but use what you like best
I wouldn't waste money on OPA627, its not that great IMHO, vastly overpriced
Cheers,
Leo
You want to try NOS??? you loose the digital output but some swear by NOS in these players
Cheers,
Leo
cheers Leo, I will have a look at Farnell tomorrow. And thanks very much for taking the time and effort, even to the point of getting me the part numbers!great!
Steve
They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.
FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12
NOS mod can be done so its reversable but it requires care![]()
Cheers,
Leo
I have seen one or two NOS option by the likes of netaudio, I do not need the digital out so was considering it!
They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.
FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12