+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie

I'm John.

Default Newbie

Hi everyone;

Finally decided to join after some time spent lurking around in the dark and beyond. My name is John, originally a Yank but spent most of my life in the UK; currently living in Athens, Greece and hopefully, by the time I finish writing this post, the country will not have gone extinct.
    I've been into hi-fi for more than 20 years, loved every minute of it, have owned some innumerable amounts of equipment over the years (I am fickle that way) and I am currently all warm and fuzzy about my new set up:
    All Audio Analogue gear (Maestro, Bellini VB, Donizetti Cento - two of these) all in their 2.0 revision guise; Chario Ursa Major speakers, Amazon 2 t/t (with Origin Live tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt C cartridge) and Siltech wiring complete the picture.
    Cheers!

I'm John.

Hello John, plenty of interest here for you. A friendly bunch.

John
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hello John & welcome to AoS I'm sure there must be more, but you are the first person I have seen with Audio Analogue gear - which is very surprising It's nice kit & I know someone that owns some myself.

Be great if you could get some pictures up in the gallery

I hope you enjoy your stay here! All the best.
    Last edited by Reid Malenfant; 08-01-2012 at 13:53. Reason: typo
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm John.

Thanks for the warm reception guys. I ended up with all Audio Analogue gear after auditioning A LOT of different systems and products - one could say that I actually "downgraded" - price wise -from some of my previous systems..
    AA is very popular in this part of the world - however some of their products in the early 2000's were a little bit of a hit and miss affair; to the best of my knowledge their distribution in the UK has also been relatively sporadic as of late. Shame really, as their Special Edition stuff from the Maestro series (especially their Class A power amp) is top notch - their Bellini pre amp is a real gem as well.
    I will try and post some photos today.
    Cheers!
    John

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi John, welcome to AoS from me too - enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread