+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: The Video Games Headquarters

  1. #61
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    finished puzzle agent, a bit easy to be honest, and the end was a bit of an anticlimax.

    finished GTA: The Lost And Damned, highly recommended, it's quite short, but it's also quite a lot cheaper than a regular GTA game, and there's still plenty to do after you finish the story....

    currently playing GTA: The Ballad Of Gay Tony, and it's very good indeed.

  2. #62
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Chesterfield

    Posts: 143
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    Just a heads up on a nice little deal here guys.

    http://www.humblebundle.com/

    Five great indie games for sale. Pay any price you like, and divide it between the developers and charities as you see fit.
    Rob

  3. #63
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    aye I bought that yesterday, Braid is messing with my mind

  4. #64
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    thought I'd better resurrect this thread....

    I finished Portal 2 (the single player bit anyway) the other day. What a great game! I highly recommend it.

    Just getting stuck into the new Duke Nukem, which is not half as bad as the reviews would have you think. It's basically like Duke Nukem 3D with better graphics, and added extras such as being able to drive around in a RC car when you've been shrunk. Only a couple of hours in, but it's all good so far,

    I've been meaning to ask, do any of you play games on Steam? my username is pogoyen, feel free to add me... especially if you want to have a bash at Portal 2 co-op.

  5. #65
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 18,563
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    Nice resurrection there Dan, though not much in common with you at the moment - getting stuck in again to Gran Turismo 5 after my PS3 died and I lost my original progress with it...
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

  6. #66
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Coventry

    Posts: 3,039
    I'm Will.

    Default

    I've never been overly fussed with video games, OK the usual space invaders, tetris etc. when I was younger, and some GT3 & 4 driving games etc.

    Until I started playing the Total War Series...I've now banned myself as it can become too consuming

    Medieval Total War, then Rome Total War, Medieval Total War II (the best IMHO), the Kingdoms expansion pack, and finally the Empires Napoleonic release.

    I even built my PC specifically to deal with the high performance requirements...

    These games should come with a health/marriage warning, absolutely engrossing, historically faithful, superb strategy and battle gameplay...and can take over your life...it makes world of warcraft look like pacman

    Be warned...
    Cheers, Will

  7. #67
    Join Date: Jun 2008

    Location: N. Ireland

    Posts: 2,475
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Just re-installed HL2 episodes one and two on the old windows PC via steam.

    Love HL2...
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.


    FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

  8. #68
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    I'm currently playing (and by when I say playing, I mean shouting and throwing my controller at) Deus Ex Human Revolution....

    It is really hard.

  9. #69
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Southampton, UK

    Posts: 1,446
    I'm Lee.

    Default

    I only have a ps2 and don't play it much. The graphics through my 42" panny plasma a a bit tiring on the eye.

    I'm tempted to get a ps3 and they've just come down in price a bit. Can anyone tell me why would I need the 320gb version over the 160gb one?

    Ta.
    Lee

    Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

    Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

    Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

    Last.fm

  10. #70
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I only have a ps2 and don't play it much. The graphics through my 42" panny plasma a a bit tiring on the eye.

    I'm tempted to get a ps3 and they've just come down in price a bit. Can anyone tell me why would I need the 320gb version over the 160gb one?

    Ta.
    As far as I know... you only really need a small drive for your updates and savegames etc.... I think the only upshot of a larger disc would be to store your own custom music and video files....

    Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own one myself, but I was investigating buying an XBox 360 and that was the conclusion I came to...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •