Hi László

The Tannoy quality problems mentioned followed their move to Scotland from London and (if I'm correct) refer to the HPD series, not the Monitor Golds. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm confident that in the early 70s, Tannoy were at their best.

I too have read quite a lot about crossover values. Marco has recommended to me that I live with the Lancasters as they are before fiddling with anything, and I shall do just that. It is very likely, however, that old electrolytic capacitors in the crossover are now very tired and will need replacing. Whether the crossover circuit needs tweaking remains to be seen (or rather heard). I took a quick look at one of the crossover boxes, but was unable to get the top of the plastic case off to see inside, but perhaps a bit more force is required.

One thing I noticed when taking the back off one of my Lancasters is that there is a piece of plywood covering the aperiodic vent on the front panel, making them true sealed boxes. Does anyone know if this applies to all Lancasters, or whether they are intended to be vented?