+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian CD manufacture...

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Audiocom View Post
    Be careful on the import duty.
    Order them one at a time. Each package will be less than £18 so will avoid import duty. I have used Amazon Japan and HMV Japan with great success.

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

You can buy from Amazon Japan to get Japanese pressings, often with better quality Jewel case and inserts. Be careful on the import duty.
    Yes but can you understand the website!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    Yes but can you understand the website!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/
    Thankfully, it is also in English;

http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b...8&node=1094656
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Order them one at a time. Each package will be less than £18 so will avoid import duty. I have used Amazon Japan and HMV Japan with great success.
    Thanks Martin.

Not sure if that pushes up the shipping cost. Multiple items may save on shipping, but that = import tax.

It is worth the effort.
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Thanks Mark, I'll take a look
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by PRYML View Post
    Hi Steve...

I hope that you're well and that Adelaide's not experiencing extreme weather irregularities that my friends in Queensland are currently experiencing
    Thanks for your concern, Adelaide only received a mere 30mm of rain so not a problem and very welcome.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by PRYML View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the sound quality of CDs is highly dependent on where it's regionally manufactured, even though it's the same music?

And to my ears, Australian manufactured CDs tend to sound the worse; thin-sounding, "no meat on the bones"...

I suspect that the sound quality readily available to Australians (i.e. locally manufactured CDs) in the country may have also heavily influenced the way Australian Hi-Fi designers "voice" their products... or that Australian audiophiles would have a distinct preference for valve (over solid-state) amplification to compensate for the lean sound of AU manufactured CDs...

Perhaps our Australian forum members can share some of their insight?
    Ah, so that explains the weird incident I've witnessed in my local CD shop: one dude was walking around the store with two shopping baskets filled to overflowing with CDs. He would then unload them on the counter, and go back for some more shopping. When asked wtf?, he just replied that he's on a short visit from Australia.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12