+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Olderlathe

I'm Andrew.

Default Hello from Olderlathe

Hello- Very pleased to have found this forum. Listen invariably to classical music and have ATC amp, Arcam transport, Digital Rennaisance tube dac and a super pair of rehoused Tannoy speakers from SpeedySteve.
    As for 'Olderlathe', I have used this on mainly machinery sites- I collect and restore antique iron, usually pre WW1. Said to be a disease. Hope not.
    Andrew.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Andrew and welcome to AoS. Sounds like you have an interesting system - do you have any antique digital cameras you could take some pictures with for the gallery?

I suspect machinery and electronic boxes is a disease for all of us - I think your in denial, embrace the madness!

Enjoy the forum and look forward to your contributions.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Welcome. What music do you like and some piccies of the system please

Why is it that some fella's seem to be inveterate collectors?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by olderlathe View Post
    I collect and restore antique iron, usually pre WW1. Said to be a disease. Hope not.
    Hello Steve and welcome, i collect and restore old engines, disease no passion yes
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread