+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 84

Thread: The Video Games Headquarters

  1. #31
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    holy cow you have missed out Simon!

    After GTA3 was probably the best in the series: GTA Vice City, set in 1980s Miami, with an amazing 80s soundtrack to match, and Scarface and Carlito's Way references aplenty

    Then there was GTA: San Andreas, set in 90s LA, and you play a black gang member, so plenty of hiphop and 90s alt rock

    In GTA4, you play a Polish immigrant to New York in the present day, and there are literally TONS of radio stations, traditional Polish music, New York Hardcore punk, classic rock, psychic radio, chat, indie, jazz, whatever you want!

    and of course you can put your own audio files in, and create your own radio station on all of them, but I think you could also do that on GTA 3 couldn't you?

  2. #32
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 18,563
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    The problem I had with GTA4 was that the character you play (Nico?) was a complete tw@t IMO, so I didn't give a stuff what happened to him!
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

  3. #33
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    I thought 'CJ' from San Andreas was much worse, and I think Nico softens a bit after a while

  4. #34
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 18,563
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    Perhaps I should give him another chance, then!
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

  5. #35
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: France

    Posts: 3,209
    I'm notAlone.

    Default

    I got FF XIII and God Of War 3, both on PS3.

    They are both very, very good. Recommended.

    FF XIII has something that I always missed on FF : enemies are visible (and, thus, avoidable sometimes). Of course, as usually, a long, long story, with plenty of videos, very well made.
    And the profession specialization (and upping) is not as complicated as the late FFs. Characters not part of your actual team, get equal experience, so they don't stay "behind". Fortunately.
    It's a new genre : a tactical-movie !
    Dimitri.

    In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

  6. #36
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    The special edition (with voice acting and better graphics) of Monkey Island 2 (one of the best adventure games ever made) is out now!
    I want it more than is healthy.

  7. #37
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Chesterfield

    Posts: 143
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    The special edition (with voice acting and better graphics) of Monkey Island 2 (one of the best adventure games ever made) is out now!
    I want it more than is healthy.
    Bought it and finished it already. Never played the second or third games (I know for a Monkey Island fan that's pretty bad) at the time so it's nice to catch up, and fill in some plot holes. I'm not sure whether I should find a way to play the third original, as that should be pretty much the full shebang already, though they may re-release it with fully compatibility and only a slight touch up to the graphics.
    Rob

  8. #38
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    I don't think they'll rerelease the third one, the graphics are pretty good on that one, and it already has full voice acting.
    You should definitely track it down, it's excellent. The fourth one (escape from monkey island) was ok, but definitely a dip in quality, but the new episodic series 'Tales of monkey island' from telltale games is excellent also.

  9. #39
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Birmingham, UK

    Posts: 2,238
    I'm Dan.

    Default

    and by the way, I've just finished it too. it was excellent.

  10. #40
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Chesterfield

    Posts: 143
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    It's likely to have compatibility issues though, and enough fans seem to want a re-release with only minimal or no enhancements. It should be easy enough to do and have enough people willing to buy it to make it a no brainer really.

    I forgot how cryptic some of the puzzles were in the older ones, some require some real out of the box thinking to have a clue, where as with Tales you always knew roughly what to do. This wasn't a problem with the first special edition because I could probably write a walkthrough from memory.
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •