+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Crap weather for October 2026

  1. #21
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: N E Kent

    Posts: 51,677
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    A decent start to the day. Mild, clear and sunny. No wind.
    Much the same again. Could be a bit warmer than yesterday later I think.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

  2. #22
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Romford

    Posts: 12,072
    I'm sorted.

    Default Crap weather for October 2026

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

    I can't watch TV or films on those tiny little screens. I liked it better in the old days when they had a proper cinema screen and we all watched the same thing. And you could smoke!



    Screen size these days is a dizzying twelve inches! I find the experience quite immersive with decent loud headphones and being so close to the screen.

  3. #23
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    I agree, save I don't watch the videos, I just listen to the amazing choice of music on offer. Or sleep!
    Barry

  4. #24
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Romford

    Posts: 12,072
    I'm sorted.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I agree, save I don't watch the videos, I just listen to the amazing choice of music on offer. Or sleep!
    For music I download loads of stuff off tidal onto my phone to listen to.

  5. #25
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    13C rising to 21C later. Cloudy, with some chance of rain tonight.
    Barry

  6. #26
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: N E Kent

    Posts: 51,677
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Feels chilly, dry and brightening though. I gather it may rain later.

    Dunno whether to do the boot sale today or not, it may overlap with other exploits. And anyway, I'm due for my annual Flu and Covid jabs lunchtime. Whoopee!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

  7. #27
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 43,483
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    10C but set to be sunny all day.
    Current Lash Up:

    TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15.

  8. #28
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 6,318
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Cloudy 9c and dry but rain due.
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage, Cyrus PSX-R2 power supply
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    Audio Physic CLASSIC 25 40th Anniversary Ltd Edition speakers

  9. #29
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,839
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Sunny, with bright blue skies, and 14°C.

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  10. #30
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: N E Kent

    Posts: 51,677
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    A cool 12C and mainly clear, looks like it may be a decent day.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •