+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 711 to 719 of 719

Thread: Off on my travels

  1. #711
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post


    Crowded beaches, eh Roy?

    Enjoy your journey back to Blighty.

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  2. #712
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 43,469
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Crowded beaches, eh Roy?
    .
    It's hurricane season so it tends to be a lot quieter. And cheaper!
    Current Lash Up:

    TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15.

  3. #713
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Romford

    Posts: 12,068
    I'm sorted.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Crowded beaches, eh Roy?

    Enjoy your journey back to Blighty.

    Marco.
    Thanks Marco.

    Back to reality, just had an Indian takeaway.

  4. #714
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Romford

    Posts: 12,068
    I'm sorted.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's hurricane season so it tends to be a lot quieter. And cheaper!
    We usually experience a couple of blustery days and the odd cloudburst but generally balmy days.

  5. #715
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Romford

    Posts: 12,068
    I'm sorted.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Looks like a splendid time was had by all!

    Have a good flight home.
    Cheers Barry, we flew with BA who were excellent.

  6. #716
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 43,469
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    We usually experience a couple of blustery days and the odd cloudburst but generally balmy days.
    I reckon the weather's better in hurricane season as long as a hurricane doesn't come along. When I went out of season the beach had red flags up for 3 of the seven days.
    Current Lash Up:

    TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15.

  7. #717
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Romford

    Posts: 12,068
    I'm sorted.

    Default

    We did get a waterspout last year.


  8. #718
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 43,469
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    That's impressive.

    Had one tropical downpour when I was there last, went on for a couple of hours. Discovered why they have those ditches at the sides of most of the roads.
    Current Lash Up:

    TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15.

  9. #719
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 43,469
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Closest I've been to a hurricane was in Atlantic City although it had been downgraded from a hurricane by the time it got to us there. Still some impressively bad weather. I was playing cards in the Trump Taj and the waves were breaking right over the boardwalk, you wouldn't want to have been out there.

    The roof started leaking after a bit as well, of course it didn't stop play.
    Current Lash Up:

    TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •