+ Reply to Thread
Page 3014 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 2014251429142964300430123013301430153016 ... LastLast
Results 30,131 to 30,140 of 30214

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Martin.

Not had a listen to this in years, sticker on the cover says it was £6 but no indication of where from:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not had a listen to this in years, sticker on the cover says it was £6 but no indication of where from:

Great guitarist and sad he's no longer with us. Also he was the owner of the famous Peter Green guitar "Greeny" ! Greeny is a 1959*Gibson Les Paul Standard, named after its first famous owner, Peter Green in 1964/5. He used it during his time in John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers and Fleetwood Mac, before selling it to Gary Moore in the early 1970s.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Great guitarist and sad he's no longer with us. Also he was the owner of the famous Peter Green guitar "Greeny" ! Greeny is a 1959*Gibson Les Paul Standard, named after its first famous owner, Peter Green in 1964/5. He used it during his time in John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers and Fleetwood Mac, before selling it to Gary Moore in the early 1970s.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    One of the youths from Metallica owns it now, according to Wikipedia anyway. Moore had to sell it to cover the cost of a cancelled tour.

My favourite of his solo albums is still 'Back On The Streets.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Got most of their albums on vinyl but only have a couple on CD so these days I have to rely on this compilation:

IMO one of the best bands of the 1970s and one of the most musically talented too.
    Current Lash Up:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen (1985)

Another old favourite that I haven’t played all the way through in years. Wonderful album.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adrian.

A great album, and great Roger Dean cover, this re-release from the original 1/4" master tapes is very good at, least my copy is(near audiophile SQ)

Gentle Giant – Octopus
    Label: Alucard – ALUGGV61
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Gatefold
    Released: 2020 (original 1972)

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

You either get King Crimson or you don't....

King Crimson – Lizard
    Label: Discipline Global Mobile – KCLP3, Panegyric – KCLP3, Inner Knot – KCLP3
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo, Gatefold, 200-Gram

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

Another old favourite that I haven’t played all the way through in years. Wonderful album.
    Alex, a great album although I’ve not played it for awhile, need to dig it out.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Propaganda - A Secret Wish (1985)

Another classic album from 1985 - and another great record!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

A classic that, really grows on you. I've only got the vinyl - I must remember to get it on CD.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread