+ Reply to Thread
Page 1489 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 489989138914391479148714881489
Results 14,881 to 14,886 of 14886

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

'Moonraker' (1979)

On ITV4 right now.

Past peak Bond but still better than any of them that came after.

Some good lines - 'Look after Mr Bond. See that he comes to some harm.'

The g-force thing he nearly gets killed in is just a slightly jazzed-up motorcycle sidecar. I never noticed that before and I've seen this many, many times - including at the pictures when it first came out.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

One of my guilty pleasures as a man of a certain age is Springwatch. My daughter decided to join me and we watched a couple of episodes, and I think she is now as much of a geeky fan as I am. I then decided to show her some YouTube clips of Michaela Strachan on “Hit Man and Her” from the early 1990’s…. (Now that programme was really a guilty pleasure back then, but not going to discuss that with my 15 year old daughter!)

She was quite flabbergasted by “Hit Man and Her” - I don’t think she could grasp the concept, and to be honest, over 30 years later, neither can I! Suffice to say, she will happily watch Michaela on Springwatch, but watching her on Hit Man and Her…. Er, no.

Then it got even more surreal - Jim Moir (Vic Reeves to you and I) was a judge on some sort of wildlife award on the show. I was going to show her some Reeves & Mortimer clips, (“Dove from Above”, anyone?) but I decided against it - I know she knows the Childline phone number off by heart….
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

'Hit Man And Her' had a concept now?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Jim Moir (Vic Reeves to you and I) was a judge on some sort of wildlife award on the show. I was going to show her some Reeves & Mortimer clips, (“Dove from Above”, anyone?) but I decided against it - I know she knows the Childline phone number off by heart….
    No, I think your daughter should see why the British music industry is the envy of the world, so here you go:

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Classic! I’ll let you know what she thinks….
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Those were the days - when celebrity panel shows had celebrities you'd actually heard of.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread