+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Esoteric P-700 Transport

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    How are you getting on with the amps Ken?
    Was loving them, but my system is down while I'm working on it, they only have about 20hrs on them.
    At the moment, I'm making an extra shelf for my HiFi rack and new spacer posts to accommodate the taller CD Transport.
    You know what I'm like about detail, so the new shelf has to be bow fronted and veneered/stained/varnished, even the edges and radiused corners, to match the others.
    Then I have to make the stands for the Canton speakers, that allow the amps to sit underneath, got the design sorted, got all the tools, just need the wood.
    I might be able to play this Transport after that, as I've not even heard it yet. When I unpacked it, I plugged it in and loaded a CD, I went through the various functions, which seemed to initiate the correct response on the display. That's all I can do for now.
    It's a busy time, just finished some repairs and paintwork on the motorhome and I'm trying to sell quite a bit of gear at present. The Yamaha based speakers and PrimaLuna power Amp have gone, but I still have active ATC 20 ProII, Event Opals and a pair of Subs to move. Along with a DAC, Pre Amp, Phono stage and Power Amp. It's surprising the work in creating the adds and posting in several locations. I hope my set up is fully sorted for the Maverick Show and next NEBO - That's the plan.

I'm Ken.

I got the Rack finished and the Esoteric Transport hooked up.

Wow, it sounds very nice as it is, I think I'll keep the modification's to a minimum.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it, as they say.

I'm Martin.

Get rid of that antique thingamajig off of the top shelf and move the transport up there.

Orange display - very good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Looks awesome Ken, well done.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Ken.

ha ha, love it Martin.
    I filled the rack in such a way as to keep the leads as short as possible.

Digital path - Transport into DAC/Streamer above it, into Pre Amp above that.
    Analogue path - TT into Phono stage below it, into Pre Amp below that.

Note the CD drawer in this Transport is very rigid and well supported.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Looking good Ken.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Graeme.

Looking good, pity the Eversolo DMP-A6 is only available in black.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Looking good, pity the Eversolo DMP-A6 is only available in black.
    The Eversolo is the DMP-A6 Master Edition, with the Beatechnik LPS upgrade and BNC SPDIF input/output sockets. It's a great performer.
    I considered having the Aluminium front and control knob stripped and re anodized clear (Silver).
    Trouble with that is the badging looks very well stuck down and then there's the lettering, which is lasered through the Black anodized finish, so it exposes the Silver. The glass screen looks bonded in, so that's another issue. I could have new lettering lasered deeper and Black paint filled, or just printed in Black. I have contacts that could do all this, but its a lot of trouble for two small areas either side of the display, which looks Black anyway.
    It would not be cheap to do all this.
    They should have done it in Silver to, most companies do.

I'm James.

Nice looking rack of gear Ken especially that piece on top!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Nice looking rack of gear Ken especially that piece on top!
    I played a bit of everything, this morning Jim, CD, File based and Vinyl.
    It all sounds equally as good, regardless of the source, which has been a long term goal of mine.
    I have no loyalty to any of the formats, there is good and bad in them all.
    For 70's material, it has to be original vinyl, nothing touches it, forget the remastered/digital versions, the master tape has degraded to much to better the original releases.
    There are some great CD's from the 80's and especially the 90's and for current material, you can't beat good file based tracks.

Listening to a George Michael CD at the moment - Songs From The Last Century and its all sounding damn good together.
    The Neurochrome 686 Monoblocks and Canton CT-1000/2 speakers work so well together.
    Apart from some minor tweaking I'm going to do on the CD Transport and the Speakers XO, that's it for me, I'm very content with this set up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast