+ Reply to Thread
Page 1483 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 48398313831433147314811482148314841485 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,830 of 14873

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No - not all in one day.

It's too much bother to photograph and post each day, so I do a few day's worth and post 'en masse'.

Same with "Spinning Today ....".
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The New Inn, Horning in the Norfolk Broads to meet my Dad and sister who are nearing the end of a two week boating holiday. I had steak and venison pie, which apparently was a prize winner at some pie awards or other in 2023. It was good, but I wouldn’t have said it was an award winner if it wasn’t for it saying so on the menu.

Last night was homemade pizza night, mine was overcooked a bit but still nice, toppings included St Agur blue cheese, mushrooms onions olives tomatoes and pine nuts. Pine nuts ok on pizza, pineapple most definitely not - discuss…

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Wow homemade pizza! Do you make the base? Whatever it looks delicious.

Apropos pineapple in a pizza topping - no, never! Perish the thought!
    Last edited by Barry; 26-05-2024 at 18:09.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Make the dough, mixed and proved in a bread maker, but I roll it with a rolling pin, not yet worked out how to "fling" it around like the Italians do!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

My hat's off to you Alex! The best I can do is to cook a shop bought pizza in the oven.
    Barry

Thanks Barry, kind of you to say. It’s a lovely family thing to do - I chop and put out loads of different ingredients and we all make our own version - amazing that we all come up with completely different concoctions - I usually go vegetarian but Billy loves chorizo and salami, Sue likes prosciutto and they both like spinach and an egg (yes, an egg!) Tamzin usually a bit more minimalist or goes for seafood. I’ll photo everyone’s creations not just mine next time.
    Alex

They all sound delicious Alex. Egg is a new one to me - are they hard boiled?
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They all sound delicious Alex. Egg is a new one to me - are they hard boiled?
    Nope, they just crack a raw egg in the middle of the pizza and it cooks in the oven, sort of like a hard boiled fried egg, if you know what I mean?
    Alex

I'm sorted.

Roast chicken

Sunday roast - nice one Roy.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread