+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for May

I'm openingabottleofwine.

15C and cloudy.

Rained overnight. We went out hoping to sell some stuff in a boot sale, but all three places that we could have used were closed!
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Been round to the Sainsbury. Not raining yet but it does look like it's building up to something big. Very dark clouds on the horizon.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

We got a downpour an hour ago, and I thought "here we go!" Well that lasted about 2 minutes. All dried up again and back to being cloudy. Is this what I stopped at home for? I want my money back Only good thing about today was that I almost but not quite got our robin to take a worm from my hand while weeding. Pretty fearless little buggers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Had thunder earlier but it was a way off. Now it's back with some lighting effects too, still a few miles away though.
    Current Lash Up:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just back from Horning near Wroxham in the Norfolk Broads and we had a little thunder after lunch but now back home (about 50 miles south) and nice sunny spells and dry, tomorrow looking better than it was
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

30 minutes ago we had a lightning strike that was almost simultaneous with the thunder, and for the first time since we got Sky the Skybox switched itself off, and the a/v amp switched itself on. Very strange and a bit annoying, though not as bad as the house across the road, whose alarm went off and kept going until a couple of minutes ago.

Also quite strange, the telly came back on with a previously unknown channel (Rewind TV), which is currently showing the first episode of "Monkey". Even back in the 80s the special effects were pretty naff, and the years have not been kind, so I think I'll not bother.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    30 minutes ago we had a lightning strike that was almost simultaneous with the thunder, and for the first time since we got Sky the Skybox switched itself off, and the a/v amp switched itself on. Very strange and a bit annoying, though not as bad as the house across the road, whose alarm went off and kept going until a couple of minutes ago.

Also quite strange, the telly came back on with a previously unknown channel (Rewind TV), which is currently showing the first episode of "Monkey". Even back in the 80s the special effects were pretty naff, and the years have not been kind, so I think I'll not bother.
    I watched it all again about 20 years ago.

Back in the 80s it was throwaway programming but compared to modern telly, it's Shakespeare.

We had a bit of a downpour and then it was spitting for an hour or so, seems to have stopped now. Must just have brushed the edge of it I think.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

You were lucky that's all that happened - though check. Is all your electronic kit working properly? Routers etc. Other electrical kit - microwave ovens, phones ....

Years ago we had a similar event, and several of us in our street had electronic kit damaged needing replacement. Our TV was trashed, so we claimed on insurance, and the insurance company sourced a similar one to the one which was damaged, rather than giving us money to buy our own.
    Not too long after the lightning strike I noticed that part of the garage on the house opposite had fallen down, and bricks were lying across the car in that drive. So that event produced considerable localised damage.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I hadn't considered that. I've just been round checking, and everything seems to be working as it should. In the case of my Marantz CD player, better than before.

A while ago it developed a fault, whereupon after switching on the disc drawer wouldn't open and needed some "manual" help (subsequent use always worked for some reason). A few owners have reported a similar issue. Well now it's gone back to functioning as it should, and though it probably has nothing to do with the lightning strike I'll take it as a win

Meanwhile the heavy showers continue this morning. I might have to go out in a bit to see how the river's doing.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

13C and a blue sky with wispy cirrus clouds. Not expected to rain until 13:00.

We are at a boot sale - yesterday everything was rained off, so we're making up for it today.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast