+ Reply to Thread
Page 2989 of 3014 FirstFirst ... 19892489288929392979298729882989299029912999 ... LastLast
Results 29,881 to 29,890 of 30134

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Mark.

It's rare for me to be listening on a Saturday morning, however, when the opportunity presented itself I reached for the recently acquired hybrid SACD 3CD 30th anniversary release of this iconic live recording. I have both LP and CD previously released versions including Jazz at the Pawnshop Vol 2 on LP and in all honesty they all sound great. This 3CD release does have the benefit of greater clarity overall and less obvious tape hiss and is a little less "warm" sounding than the original LP and I mean this in the most honest way, it's not to disparage the CD version as "digital" but more a representation of the difference of the two formats at thier best. Akin to auditioning the same audio system and swapping between valve amplifiers and solid-state. I have not as yet played it on my SACD equipped Pioneer DVD player as I am still looking for the best option to connect this to the Wadia 321"decoding computer" ! So it was played as any other CD using my Lyngdorf CD1in transport configuration upsampling to 192k and fed via coax connection to the Wadia.

Originally released in 1977 as a 2 LP 180gram album by Proprius Records. It is a multi-session recording made by Gert Palmcrantz on December 6–7, 1976, at Jazzpuben Stampen (Pawnshop) in Stockholm, Sweden and is regarded by many audiophiles as one of the best sounding jazz recordings of the 20th Century. Suffice to say these are some of the great Jazz standards played by five artists at the peak of thier prowess and working in complete unison.

Personel:

The recording features Arne Domnérus, alto sax, clarinet; Bengt Hallberg, piano; Lars Erstrand, vibes; Georg Riedel, bass; and Egil Johansen, drums.

CD 1:

01 Limehouse Blue

02 I'm Confessin'

03 High Life

04 Jeep's Blues

05 Lady Be Good

06 Take Five

07 Everything Happens To Me

08 Barbados

09 Stuffy

CD 2:

01 Over The Rainbow

02 Now's The Time

03 Out Of Nowhere

05 Here Is That Rainy Day

06 Struttin With Some Barbeque

07 Poor Butterfly

08 Exactly Like You

09 Jeepers Creepers

10 How High The Moon

11 Things Ain't What They Used To Be

CD 3:

01 In A Mellow Tone

02 Gubben Och Källingen

03 Nancy With The Laughing Face

04 Struttin' With Some

05 It Don't Mean A Thing

06 Mood Indigo

07 Jeep's Blues

08 High Life (Take 2)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rush2112; 25-05-2024 at 08:42.
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

I'm Adrian.

Shpongle – Codex VI
    Label: Twisted Records – TWSLP48RM21
    Format: 3 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

The ultimate sonic test disc for any system:

Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Love this album, bought it when it first came out in 1984 and still love it today !

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The ultimate sonic test disc for any system:

Great live outfit even as a basic four piece Lynott, Downey, Gorham and Robertson ! Lots of great additional muscians on thier albums Huey Lewis, Phil Collins, John Helliwell etc,

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Great live outfit even as a basic four piece Lynott, Downey, Gorham and Robertson !

I should really get the studio albums, L&D is the only thing I have by them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dominick.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Love this album, bought it when it first came out in 1984 and still love it today !
    Me too, have it on the original vinyl and CD and gets a regular play so must be in my top 50 albums.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread