+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Transfiguration Phoenix MC cartridge

I'm Tim.

Default FS Transfiguration Phoenix MC cartridge

I got this a little while ago from a forum member who got it on a turntable which had been owned by a sadly deceased PFMer. He never used it on the turntable, in the end.

For obvious reasons I do not know how many hours the original owner put on it. It was however in regular use, when I fitted it to my Graham, it tracked fine over a number of different tracks and played without distortion etc. It sounded great and it looks fine under inspection. A real high end performer. This cartridge was over £2.5k and since Transfiguration are no longer manufacturing thus making it a bit of a rarity. But, given the lack of much proven provenance etc, I’m going to offer it at £400 + postage costs. That said it is absolutely fine and sounds fabulous I’m just being fair on price.

I don’t have a box for it, or a stylus protector, but I will put in a protective plastic box and supply with two thumb screws for fitting.

I'm Tim.

Sold

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Wow, that didn’t take long! I had never heard of them, clearly the buyer had!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread