+ Reply to Thread
Page 2982 of 2998 FirstFirst ... 19822482288229322972298029812982298329842992 ... LastLast
Results 29,811 to 29,820 of 29978

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    The All Seeing I - Pickled Eggs & Sherbert (1999)

Their one and only album - eclectic electronica bringing in several acts from their home city of Sheffield (Tony Christie, Phil Oakey, Jarvis Cocker.)
    And of course not forgetting Joe Cocker!
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

The All Seeing I - Pickled Eggs & Sherbert (1999)

Their one and only album - eclectic electronica bringing in several acts from their home city of Sheffield (Tony Christie, Phil Oakey, Jarvis Cocker.)
    Well I never, I have a copy as well, I thought I was one of the very few who had a copy, I purchased mine on a trip to London at Tower Records before they disappeared.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Night Song - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Can’t remember where I got mine from, certainly wasn’t Tower Records though I did love that shop!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    And of course not forgetting Joe Cocker!
    And Def Leppard

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

From Air Head to 80's throwbacks - but apart from the obvious 80's link, bonus point for the other connection...

Buggles - The Age of Plastic (1980)

The Art of Noise - Who's Afraid of the Art of Noise? (1984)

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome (1984)

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adrian.

Even at the end they still produced high quality music IMHO......

Steely Dan – Everything Must Go
    Label: Analogue Productions – APP 142-45
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Remastered, 180g, Gatefold

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Can’t remember where I got mine from, certainly wasn’t Tower Records though I did love that shop!
    Tower Records was my favourite music shop in London, so much choice and imports, just great, I'd often leave work and do a detour on my way to catch the train home from Waterloo.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Night Song - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook

That looks interesting Steve, is it something that I might like IYO?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    It's a re-release of 'Piper at the gates of dawn' and 'Saucerfull of secrets' packaged up as a double album. I bought it back in the early eighties or thereabouts.

Yes, I was in two minds about the programme, good to hear the music snippets though, I have Syd's two albums (also paired up as a double set) which I've played fairly recently, but haven't played the two Floyd ones for donkeys years, so it was a good prompt to fish them out for a hearing.
    Yes, yours is the later, censored version, the difference being the top right, which originally depicted the shop front of a dentist's surgery, the dentist being called W.R. Phang. (Genuine business in Hammersmith). Mr Phang objected to its inclusion as NHS dentists were not allowed to advertise, so It had to go.

Early presses looked like this:

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread