+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: The day - today

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    9 May 1860
    J. M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan, was born in Kirriemuir, Angus.
    I only learned very recently that the name “Wendy” never existed before Peter Pan and was invented by the author in the book. That said, I don’t suppose it’s a very popular name for babies these days. My Great Niece has just been named Sierra. I asked my niece if her middle name was Cosworth but I don’t think she got it…. A young local radio presenter is called Corsa…. I would have gone for Capri, sounds exotic.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I only learned very recently that the name “Wendy” never existed before Peter Pan and was invented by the author in the book. That said, I don’t suppose it’s a very popular name for babies these days. My Great Niece has just been named Sierra. I asked my niece if her middle name was Cosworth but I don’t think she got it…. A young local radio presenter is called Corsa…. I would have gone for Capri, sounds exotic.
    One of my brothers had a girlfriend named Mercedes. But that was in Liverpool.

Instead of calling your dog Rover you could call it Range Rover Evoke.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca;137⅘⁵3928
    One of my brothers had a girlfriend named Mercedes. But that was in Liverpool.

Instead of calling your dog Rover you could call it Range Rover Evoke.
    I knew someone who had a wife called Mercedes. They were Mexican.

I used to name my Rover cars "Rex", but the Audi I drive now doesn't have a name.
    Barry

10 May 1850
    Sir Thomas Lipton, founder of Lipton's grocery chain who went from errand boy to millionaire by the age of 30, was born in Glssgow.

10 May 1940
    Neville Chamberlain quit as PM. Winston Churchill formed a coalition government wartime government saying "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".

10 May 1941
    Rudolph Hess, Hitler's deputy, parachuted into Scotland in an effort to negotiate a peace settlement but was arrested and imprisoned for the remainder of World War II.

10 May 1994
    Nelson Mandela became South Africa's first black president.

Birthdays:
    Graham Gouldman, songwriter (10cc), 78
    Maureen Lipman, actress, 78
    Bono, rock singer, 64.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

10 May 1850
    Sir Thomas Lipton, founder of Lipton's grocery chain who went from errand boy to millionaire by the age of 30, was born in Glssgow.

10 May 1940
    Neville Chamberlain quit as PM. Winston Churchill formed a coalition government wartime government saying "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".

10 May 1941
    Rudolph Hess, Hitler's deputy, parachuted into Scotland in an effort to negotiate a peace settlement but was arrested and imprisoned for the remainder of World War II.

10 May 1994
    Nelson Mandela became South Africa's first black president.

Birthdays:
    Graham Gouldman, songwriter (10cc), 78
    Maureen Lipman, actress, 78
    Bono, rock singer, 64.
    Apparently his intention was to convince us that the real danger to Europe came from the Soviet Union, and that we should join forces with Germany. Well that didn't work out, and Hess spent the remainder of his life in prison, the last 21 years of it being the sole prisoner of Spandau prison until his death by suicide age 93.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

11 May 1969 - Monty Python is formed, made up of John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin and Terry Jones.

11 May 1812 - British Prime Minister Spencer Percival was assasinated. Apparently he was mistaken for someone else.

Birthdays:

1941 - Animals vocalist Eric Burdon , 83 today
    1963 - English actress Natasha Richardson.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm guy.

Rolling Stones released “exile on Main Street” 1972
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Rolling Stones released “exile on Main Street” 1972
    And exactly fifty two years later I buy a copy for £1 at car boot sale. Although I did buy the single "Tumbling Dice" back then.

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    And exactly fifty two years later I buy a copy for £1 at car boot sale. Although I did buy the single "Tumbling Dice" back then.
    It was the last Stones' record I bought.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

It was the last Stones' record I bought.
    Not a fan of their later stuff then? Among the many albums of mine that "disappeared" many years ago were Emotional Rescue, Steel Wheels and Undercover. I haven't made any effort to replace them, and can't remember if I liked them so...

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast