+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for May

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nothing crap about the weather here: 18C and bright sunshine. Might get up to 25C later on.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Reverted to crapness today. Yesterday was really nice. Dullish - slightly overcast. Thunderstorms forecast - with rain - and around 20C. Seems dry so far.

Tried to go out to see aurora last night - but no show - maybe it's my eyesight! Sadly someone managed to get photos and see it a mile or two from here, but we drove almost 80 miles [round trip] north, and saw nothing.

Did anyone else get to see it?
    Dave

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Reverted to crapness today. Yesterday was really nice. Dullish - slightly overcast. Thunderstorms forecast - with rain - and around 20C. Seems dry so far.

Tried to go out to see aurora last night - but no show - maybe it's my eyesight! Sadly someone managed to get photos and see it a mile or two from here, but we drove almost 80 miles [round trip] north, and saw nothing.

Did anyone else get to see it?
    I didn't see it either. The aurora is a capricious beast. Years ago I made a special trip to Iceland to see it, but initially to no avail - I had almost given up when one night I came out of the restaurant, looked up to see the most marvellous display. Had it not been so cold I would have stayed out for longer!
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Too much light pollution here. Surprised we can still see the moon, that's about all you can see though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Apparently it was visible from Sheffield - I'd have thought the light pollution would be high there - but seems it was visible.

Here is a shot - apparently from Wales - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wales-29152882
    Dave

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Apparently it was visible from Sheffield - I'd have thought the light pollution would be high there - but seems it was visible.

Here is a shot - apparently from Wales - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wales-29152882
    In fairness I can walk about half a mile down to the posh end and there you can see Venus and occasionally Mars if it's a clear night. But I'm right on the edge of town so it's lit up like Las Vegas.

They've almost finished building two massive apartment blocks which will have a light in every window and all their grounds and car parks lit up too. Probably be able to see them from space.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

where my mother lives in Liverpool, it's the opposite. Hardly any street lights and the few that exist are really dim. This is a 1930s suburb I'm talking about, not out in the sticks.

You can barely see where you're putting your feet. Last time I was there I saw people using torches.
    Current Lash Up:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Car thermometer says 24.5c - BBC Weather app says we should be at around 21c but definitely feels hotter than that.

Went out with daughter last night to see the Northern Lights about midnight, but nothing doing (apart from me falling into a ditch full of thorns and stinging nettles!) although people in the village saw them on Friday. News article said the magnetic field dropped last night although did pick up in the early hours, and there may be a chance again tonight.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Dave.

Somewhat annoyingly I found this -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weatherwatcher...-5ce7ed2d516c/

We were out at the time, but went north rather than east.

So there was a display somewhere not too far away.
    Dave

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast