+ Reply to Thread
Page 539 of 540 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540 LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Geoff.

Shaving?

I find it an annoying distraction, but won't grow a beard. I can understand why so many older guys get fed up with needing to do so and grow some sort of facial fuzz.

Mostly I use an electric shaver, but have the occasional wet shave. I'd sooner not need to!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Shaving?

I find it an annoying distraction, but won't grow a beard. I can understand why so many older guys get fed up with needing to do so and grow some sort of facial fuzz.

Mostly I use an electric shaver, but have the occasional wet shave. I'd sooner not need to!
    i quite enjoy a good wet one.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

yes it's a pain in the arse. Would shave every morning when I worked in the office but working from home you forget and it gets out of hand then takes an hour or so to shave off. Gets too long to use an electric shaver on it and then it clogs up the razor when you wet shave so you go through a whole pack of them for one shave.

The older I get the faster it seems to grow.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    yes it's a pain in the arse. Would shave every morning when I worked in the office but working from home you forget and it gets out of hand then takes an hour or so to shave off. Gets too long to use an electric shaver on it and then it clogs up the razor when you wet shave so you go through a whole pack of them for one shave.

The older I get the faster it seems to grow.
    dont use those cheap double/triple blade things.. get a decent wet razor and buy feather blades. last for ages and dont clog. great shave quickly too, once you get your confidence after slicing yourself a few times lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dont use those cheap double/triple blade things.. get a decent wet razor and buy feather blades. last for ages and dont clog. great shave quickly too, once you get your confidence after slicing yourself a few times lol
    I would but I don't wet shave often enough for it to be worth the spend. I only wet shave if I've let it grow too long to use an electric, or if going to a wedding or funeral or something else where you're expected to make an effort.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I only shave every other day, and that's enough - I can just about get away with it not looking too obvious, especially as these days my bristles are blonde (Anita disputes the colour).
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Always been fascinated by blokes who can have the same length of stubble all over their face and their head so it blends seamlessly into one.

I think you need to be quite swarthy for that to work.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

In his novel "Keep the Aspidistra Flying", George Orwell described a man who always managed to stay three days away from a shave. I have come across people like that, by using electric clippers probably. But I doubt such things existed 80 years ago.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I haven't been completely shaven since January 2000, although never had a full beard. Decide a couple of weeks ago to give it a try so let the bits that were shaved catch up with furry bits and now giving it a go - main reason being I can't be arsed to shave! Doubt it will last, but funny thing is no one seems to have noticed!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Horrors! - I shave everyday with a Braun shaver that is at least 25 years old (the replacement foils are getting hard to obtain!) I have a couple of other Braun shavers - one of which I use to trim the sideburns and eyebrows, which if left unattended, would make me look like Dennis Healey!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread