+ Reply to Thread
Page 726 of 991 FirstFirst ... 226626676716724725726727728736776826 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Oh dear, I may have to re-think my position
    I'm sure an equitable compromise can be reached once public floggings are re-introduced.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm sure an equitable compromise can be reached once public floggings are re-introduced.
    Wouldn't mind a bit of flogging as long as she's fit
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    So close to my views (obviously not a fascist then )- excellent post (and previous about politicians lying being a recent phenomenon )
    So are you saying then we should simply assume that all politicians are lying disingenuous bastards, especially if they become PM? Probably so, certainly BJ-boy comes into that category.

God help us then... What happened to getting into politics for the RIGHT REASONS (to do good) and to fight for what is right; the values you believe in and stand for - do such noble traits no longer exist? Is the whole thing simply a seedy quagmire of selfishness and corruption?

No wonder I rarely vote these days.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So are you saying then we should simply assume that all politicians are lying disingenuous bastards, especially if they become PM? Probably so, certainly BJ-boy comes into that category.

God help us then... What happened to getting into politics for the RIGHT REASONS (to do good) and to fight for what is right; the values you believe in and stand for - do such noble traits no longer exist? Is the whole thing simply a seedy quagmire of selfishness and corruption?

Marco.
    I thought you did. You voted in the last general election didn't you?

I'm sure most politicians get into it for the right reason, just that some lose their way at some point.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I thought you did. You voted in the last general election didn't you?
    Only to try and keep BJ-boy out, as I knew he'd be a nightmare. So for the first time in my life I voted Labour, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Or if I had, my vote would've gone to Plaid Cymru. Or SNP, if I still lived in Scotland.

If what you say is true, then BJ has certainly 'lost his way', to put it politely.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

I think political lying has always been there and nowadays it's increasingly more difficult to get away with it so to speak as everything is recorded and available for playback at any given moment, politicians have realised that so don't bother trying to worm their way out of it anymore, they simply refuse to take accountability for what they've said or call it "fake news". BJ says whatever he thinks will improve his position regardless of it's truth, unfortunately telling the truth doesn't get you far in politics, people simply don't want to hear how shit it actually is and the establishment want to keep their dirty money making secrets that fuck the working man over on a daily basis out of the public eye for as long as possible.

Nowadays politics is sold to us like advertising on a TV and unfortunately people are buying it.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Grant.

Mostly it was the church or politics for the male kids of rich who were fairly useless at everything.. think its still that way today. a great way to earn decent money; good benefits, and scope to get to top if you show you can crawl, lie and cheat well.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    BJ says whatever he thinks will improve his position regardless of it's truth, unfortunately telling the truth doesn't get you far in politics, people simply don't want to hear how shit it actually is and the establishment want to keep their dirty money making secrets that fuck the working man over on a daily basis out of the public eye for as long as possible.
    And on that we wholeheartedly agree! It's one reason why I abhor the extremes of right-wing politics or capitalism.

What you describe needs exposed and eradicated, and the focus turned much more on what's good for the common man, so when this Covid shite is over, and BJ's time is up, we need to boot the Tories out and get things back on more even keel.

Marco [fiercely anti-establishment].
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mostly it was the church or politics for the male kids of rich who were fairly useless at everything.. think its still that way today. a great way to earn decent money; good benefits, and scope to get to top if you show you can crawl, lie and cheat well.
    Well I guess that's why there are so many clueless balloons!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    It's such a shame that you won't watch 'Yes Minister' and 'Yes Prime Minister' since the answers to all your questions are right there.

I think it's safe to say that no-one has ever gone into politics for 'the right reasons', in fact that's a tautology.

I love that you think Corbyn was a libertarian. Not sure exactly what he was but I would say pretty close to Marxist/Trotskyite which is pretty much diametrically opposed to libertarianism, and is all about controlling the minutiae of people's lives, not only what they are allowed do, but what they are allowed to say and think.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread