+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back to speaker cable

I'm David.

Default QED

I am still ferreting around for cable & found some QED 79 strand! how does that compare nowadays? Don't want to cut up my Audioquest blue just to have 2x 2m runs!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I can send you some QED Silver Anniversary f.o.c. ...or not!
    I only just noticed this ... Il take the qed alex but when you send it put a chrisp £20 note in with them ... You get my drift? You would have to pay me!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm colin.

Ive just got some new Merlin cable which despite my cable sceptism are really working for me. I have Chord oddessey biwire cable your welcome to if you want to give em a try.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I only just noticed this ... Il take the qed alex but when you send it put a chrisp £20 note in with them ... You get my drift? You would have to pay me!
    Well don't say I didn't offer! Some people, I don't know, no gratitude...

Good luck with your experiments, all part of the learning curve.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

no bloody respect the youth of today eh
    I did actually try my qed silver aniversary set (I use them in my upstairs hifi )
    very different respose to in the naim set up, in the naim set up, they sounded dull compared to the nva, I'm this set up they sounded sorta sharp for want of a better word ... Cheers though alex
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

QED SA did sound (almost) ok when wired with the writing on it going BACK to the amp, but I still cannot understand how a reasonable gauge wire affected the sound so much. i mean, the signal is an AC signal and direction *shouldn't* have an effect - it doesn't so much with decent wires I noticed.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Be interesting to see what you make of them.Tell us what you think (be honest!) then I'll tell you how much they cost to make...
    initial impressions are really good matey concidering they have replaced over £100 of nva cable. If anything I'd say they sound slightly more clinical which is perhaps a good thing... At least that's a first impresion ... Still a hint of boxyness ... Il listen more and do a more direct comparison when I haven't got such massive head ache, but for now il leave it at the fact if I had paid what I paid for the nva I don't think I'd question it, so far at least Big thumbs up... Cheers again buddy!
    Hannah's first reaction was quite funny... "Whoa what's that, where's that going?" But now they are in place, I think she likes the colour!!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That was quick! They were posted yesterday afternoon from Aberdeen!

Glad you like them mate.Not bad for 25 quid ay?

I'm David.

That is quick! Odly they didn't come with the normal post, but apeared on the doorstep at about 4ish ...
    So, how did you find them in systems you used?
    I'm wondering how much benefit the biwire aspect of them is concidering what chris said about pmc's and biwireing

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I found them pretty much an all round improvement when I first made them,though I haven't used them in a long time as they are too capacitative for my statics.I also have some NVA which sounds good,and also some DNM,which I'm using at the moment.That's also very good.I've got a pair of black mamba's tucked away too.I need to compare all these,keep the best,and sell the others.No time though...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123