+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 483 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Yeah mine was the first Giotto model with PID. Pressure gauge fine so far had mine for a couple of years+ I guess.
    Good one. You're all set then. Machine should be super reliable.

Have you looked at pics of the innards of similar machines compared to the layout of the Giotto? Others are a holy mess of wires and tubes and pipes; but the Giotto is clean, tidy, spare, neatly laid out...beautifully designed.

I was tempted to convert ours to PID but the tech at our local shop (John at Faema Toronto - great guy) talked me out of it. Can't recall what his reasons were, but he made a convincing argument as to why it wouldn't work. So I have to live with the crappy pressurestat.

I'm Kevin.

One of the reasons I chose the ECM Synchronika was the internal layout and components used.
    It was the best thought out ones I saw on my shortlist.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    One of the reasons I chose the ECM Synchronika was the internal layout and components used.
    It was the best thought out ones I saw on my shortlist.
    For sure Kevin. The quality of parts and design that ECM/Rocket put into their machines is first rate. Once it comes time to replace our Giotto I'd buy another Rocket without even looking at other brands. That won't be soon though, as it's just had a tuneup at the shop and is going strong.

I'm Svend.

Hey Marco! I finally tried that luxe milk you've been pestering me about . It's from a small local dairy, but sold in our Italian grocery store, 15 min. walk from home. Unhomogenized whole milk, big glop of cream floating on top, old-fashion glass bottle.

OK, you were right - it's delicious! Used it for our Sunday morning lattes, and didn't tell my wife..."Mmmmm! Yum! What's in this?!".

Thanks for the nudge to try it. No going back now

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    For sure Kevin. The quality of parts and design that ECM/Rocket put into their machines is first rate. Once it comes time to replace our Giotto I'd buy another Rocket without even looking at other brands. That won't be soon though, as it's just had a tuneup at the shop and is going strong.
    The ECM made the rocket look shabby, in my opinion, but I did raise the budget to get the Synchronika.
    Kevin

I'm Svend.

The ECM made the rocket look shabby, in my opinion, but I did raise the budget to get the Synchronika.
    Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ECM and Rocket are the same company(?). Name changed to the latter quite a few years back already.

Ours is an ECM Giotto, 2005 model. It's now known as a Rocket Giotto...same machine, with some updated parts.

I'm Kevin.

I think it is Profitec and ECM that are the same company.
    Kevin

I'm Svend.

I think it is Profitec and ECM that are the same company.
    Hmmm...interesting. Your Synchronika is not shown on Rocket's site, but pops up at ECM.de, a German firm in Heidelberg. This is all new to me...I thought ECM just changed their name to Rocket and carried on. I will check it out....curious now...

I'm Kevin.

Yep, Espresso Coffee Machine, Heidelberg, Germany.
    ECM GmbH.
    Kevin

I'm Svend.

Yep, Espresso Coffee Machine, Heidelberg, Germany.
    ECM GmbH.
    I learned a little from a quick web search.... The original ECM, Milano, seems to have declared bankruptcy in 2010. After that it looks like Rocket bought their technology, machine designs, and possibly the whole factory (not sure on this), and carried on making the traditional designs - Giotto, Cellini, etc. ECM Germany seems to have secured the rights to the name, ECM, and started (or was already) making similar types of machines. I don't know the details, and could be wrong on a point or two, but what is clear is that my machine (2005 Giotto) was not made by the German ECM, but rather by the original ECM Milan.

+ Reply to Thread