+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from littlestwoo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Steve.

Default Hi from littlestwoo

Hi all, pleased to be part of the forum, stumbled across you all whilst looking for info on my vintage amp.
    I'm not someone who is on the continues upgrade path and I'm quite happy with my current setup
    My hi-fi spans 60 years from valve to streaming, I'm sure my setup can be improved upon if money and ambition where given free reign. Probably mainly thanks to the Radford, it all sounds like I always hoped hi-fi would sound.
    So here is what I'm listening through,
    Radford Sta 12 - this amp found me about 6 years ago, I can't see any reason why I'd ever move on
    Musical Fidelity 'The Preamp' 2a - needed a pre-amp, found this, it sounds fine
    Marantz CD63mk11 ki signature - couldn't afford this player in the 90's, was initially disappointed when I got hold of this but then I got my Radford, now it's everything I hoped it ever would be. I'm sure there are better more modern CDP's but I'm happy with this one.
    Castle Severn 2 floor standers in light oak - Mrs Littlestwoo demanded some decent looking speakers that didn't overpower the room (aesthetically speaking)
    And, new purchase is
    Bluesound Node 2i (the new updated version of the Node 2). Spent a long time thinking about this one. Took a long time to get my head around integrating streaming into my setup, ended up going with Tidal (CD and MQA / hi-fi subscription) and this player, which is about as much money as I could justify spending. Really pleased with it, sounds great and also provides an optical input for my TV (freeing up an amp channel).
    The future,
    Looking for a new vinyl player at some point, probably a Rega 3 or similar (maybe a project, not sure)
    Listening to -
    At the moment - Foy Vance
    Fav's - The Delines, Public Service Broadcasting, Chris Stapleton, Paul Cauthen, Yola, Willie Nelson
    Bethel Music, Forerunner Music / IHOP
    Last edited by Littlestwoo; 03-09-2019 at 21:28.

+ Reply to Thread