Last edited by User211; 06-08-2014 at 19:21.
Well, with some Cunningham CX-345s on the way, it may interest some to know that Cunningham was a tube bootlegger around 1915-20!
The Cunningham 45 globes are amazing. Head and shoulders better than anything so far.
Does this DAC sound better than my analogue front end? You're too damn right it does - GyroOrbe\Morch DP6\Orpheus\Trichord Diablo NCPSU so pretty good really. And by no small stretch. The L4 couldn't really pull that trick off. This DAC can. Easily. It is a much better listen all round and far more consistent over various recordings.
I thought maybe the B7 lacked some speed, as I did the L7. Speed is there is spades with these 45s. As is awesomely well controlled bass that drops really low with full control. Imaging is superb and resolution is just crazy. Separation of instruments is superb. And the feeling you have something in front of you that is real is vey high indeed.
Why the hell these old valves are so damned good I do not know. But they are. Why they sound so fast when there is obviously no hype in the mid band or above I do not know. These were made post Cunningham's bootlegging days, when against all odds he had secured some very favourable court rulings when all odds were stacked against him. A cunning man indeed.
They are an outstanding achievement and I wonder whether the RCA engineers ever knew it? Well, if the Silbertone system at Munich this year was anything to go by, they bloody well did! I reckon Joe would approve of this device, though there's a chance I might be wrong
I wonder whether Lukasz knows just how good they are? I've passed a heads up back to him via appropriate channels.
Er... that would be Silbatone
Apologies for seemingly over-hyping this DAC. But I really do believe it is a step forward.
Location: London
Posts: 129
I'm Ked.
Repeat after me: "I am waiting for level 8, which is bound to use 2x WE 212" LOL When that comes out, there's always level 9 to wait even longer for![]()
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
The MSB DACs were in a lot of rooms at Munich 2011. From what I can remember, they all sounded great. This was probably my fave room using one. Video shot by me.
Location: gone
Posts: 11,510
I'm gone.
Your kit may be too good now, Justin - I'm not sure I want to hear it!
I'll invite myself round once your new speakers have arrived.![]()
.
Discuss at Silverstone Jerry sure we'll meet up as per last year.
Duetta issue you knew about has been resolved now. Just waiting for some custom made 1950s space style "Duettas Interstella" plaques to get finished. I did the art work![]()