+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Strongest placebo ever

  1. #51
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Glastonbury, UK

    Posts: 1,118
    I'm Chris.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Oh ffs.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

    PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

  2. #52
    Join Date: May 2010

    Location: Vancouver, Canada

    Posts: 2,166
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey, Alex, good to see you again, dude! Where ya been hiding?

    Marco.
    Hey Marco!

    I'm becoming very active at the live music scene. Been playing live gigs like crazy, enjoying it more than I could've ever imagined. I'm fortunate to have hooked up with some fine young musicians, and we're playing up a storm!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

    Alex.

  3. #53
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,850
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Nice one, dude - glad to hear things are going well!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  4. #54
    Join Date: May 2010

    Location: Vancouver, Canada

    Posts: 2,166
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, dude - glad to hear things are going well!

    Marco.
    I forgot to tell you, I'm becoming a huge fan of rampant stupidity
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

    Alex.

  5. #55
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: Norwich, UK

    Posts: 513
    I'm Ross.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Hey Marco!

    I'm becoming very active at the live music scene. Been playing live gigs like crazy, enjoying it more than I could've ever imagined. I'm fortunate to have hooked up with some fine young musicians, and we're playing up a storm!
    Sweet. What do you play (both instrument and genre)?
    Speakers: Kii THREE
    Headphones: Lumin A1 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266

  6. #56
    Join Date: May 2010

    Location: Vancouver, Canada

    Posts: 2,166
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga View Post
    Sweet. What do you play (both instrument and genre)?
    I play guitar. I'm very fortunate that my band consists of kick-ass schooled musicians, so we can play all kinds of eclectic repertoire -- from Creedence Clearwater Revival (two and a half chords), to Thelonius Monk and beyond (approximately 126 chords per tune, give or take a few dozen chords). Plus, we have two great looking female vocalists with incredible pipes -- these girls can blow! Moreover, they're also fabulous dancers, so it's one of the most entertaining acts on the contemporary scene.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

    Alex.

  7. #57
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 18,563
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Plus, we have two great looking female vocalists with incredible pipes -- these girls can blow! Moreover, they're also fabulous dancers


    (And a YouTube link if you can manage it! )
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

  8. #58
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,850
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Any 'oral' skills are not to be sniffed at!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  9. #59
    Join Date: May 2010

    Location: Vancouver, Canada

    Posts: 2,166
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Any 'oral' skills are not to be sniffed at!

    Marco.
    Oh yeah. And I forgot to add -- they're very eager to blow!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

    Alex.

  10. #60
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 18,563
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Oh yeah. And I forgot to add -- they're very eager to blow!
    I refer the honourable gentleman to my last post above!
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •