+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Note introduction

  1. #1
    Join Date: Sep 2026

    Location: Lithuania, Palanga

    Posts: 1
    I'm Egidijus.

    Default The Note introduction

    Hello everyone,

    My name is Egidijus and I am from Lithuania. I have been passionate about music and analogue audio for nearly five decades.

    My interests include vinyl, turntables, tube amplification, field-coil loudspeakers, phono cartridges and handmade audio equipment. Over the years I have built and experimented with many different analogue audio projects, and today I continue this work through The Note.

    I am currently developing a field-coil phono cartridge and still spend far too much time listening to records and experimenting with sound.

    I recently joined The Art of Sound and look forward to meeting other people who share the same passion for music and audio.

    Best regards from Lithuania,
    Egidijus / The Note

  2. #2
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Welcome to the Art of Sound Egidijus,

    Your research projects sound interesting, especially field-coil loudspeakers and cartridges. There are many here who still prefer to play vinyl records and use valve amplification.

    What are your tastes in music - what do you spin for relaxation and whilst developing your cartridge designs?

    Welcome again
    Barry
    Barry

  3. #3
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: Sunny (occasionally) Devon

    Posts: 1,761
    I'm Shane.

    Default

    I’ve met field coil speakers before but field coil cartridges are new to me. Presumably moving coil? How do you generate a strong enough field within the dimensions of a cartridge body? How is the power supply arranged? Fascinating stuff!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

  4. #4
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 43,469
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Welcome to the forum Egidijus.
    Current Lash Up:

    TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15.

  5. #5
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 18,557
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    And welcome from me too, sounds interesting! Enjoy AoS. [emoji4]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

  6. #6
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Hi Egidijus,

    Welcome to AoS

    You need to tell us more about your field-coil cartridges and speakers, hopefully with some pictures, as I'm big fan of that technology.

    Hope you enjoy it here.

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  7. #7
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: N E Kent

    Posts: 51,673
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Hello Egidijus, welcome to AOS.

    Your experimentations sound esoteric, I'm sure there will be interest in them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •