+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114

Thread: What have you been eating today?

  1. #21
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 19,506
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

    P.S What about tiramisu or zabaglione - do you like those?
    Tiramisu - wasn't that invented to make the rest of the meal seem better? I've never heard anyone say anything nice about tiramisu.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: KEF Reference 3, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Arcam A75 integrated, Monitor Audio R852 MD speakers
    A/V:
    LG OLED65 G56LS, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL T9i sub.


    KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

  2. #22
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,830
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    What? It's a massive favourite in proper Italian restaurants and enjoyed in households everywhere!

    Besides, I thought you'd have commented on my meal out yesterday

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  3. #23
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Are they organic free range eggs Justin? We get our eggs from the local greengrocer. They are supplied from the farm every day and box them up in the shop.

    Looking up Mari's Eggs on the web, they look to be very reasonably priced: certainly cheaper than what we pay here. Pop-up stalls selling through a 'charity box' system looks radical - ""Vive la revolution"!
    I don't know what you found Barry but they are not a commercial venture. They are organic.

  4. #24
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 19,506
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What? It's a massive favourite in proper Italian restaurants and enjoyed in Italian households everywhere!

    Marco.
    If you say so. But remember not everyone in the world is Italian For my part, I could eat it as I've never encountered a dessert I couldn't eat. But it would be way down my list.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: KEF Reference 3, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Arcam A75 integrated, Monitor Audio R852 MD speakers
    A/V:
    LG OLED65 G56LS, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL T9i sub.


    KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

  5. #25
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,830
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Lol - just letting you know that it's a very popular dessert in restaurants, among Brits, so your comment about no-one having a good word to say about it is way off the mark.

    Barry probably won't like it, though!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  6. #26
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I don't know what you found Barry but they are not a commercial venture. They are organic.
    I just typed in "Mari's Eggs" into Google, along with the address as marked on the egg box you showed, and it came up with what I said: that they are a pop-up stall that ask for payment in cash which goes to the local community and charities.

    If they are not a commercial venture, why have they gone to the trouble of having egg boxes printed as shown?
    Barry

  7. #27
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - just letting you know that it's a very popular dessert in restaurants, among Brits, so your comment about no-one having a good word to say about it is way off the mark.

    Barry probably won't like it, though!

    Marco.
    I have eaten both tiramisu and zabaglione; I don't dislike them but I wouldn't choose them if they were on the menu at a restaurant.

    Basically, I don't really like things that are too sugary and sweet.
    Barry

  8. #28
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,830
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Ah, ok that's cool

    If you like fruit, do you think you'd enjoy macedonia?

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  9. #29
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I just typed in "Mari's Eggs" into Google, along with the address as marked on the egg box you showed, and it came up with what I said: that they are a pop-up stall that ask for payment in cash which goes to the local community and charities.

    If they are not a commercial venture, why have they gone to the trouble of having egg boxes printed as shown?
    I just asked my wife who got the eggs and that's what she said.

    Fundamentally, though, she's kinda right.

    "Ultimately, while it is legally and functionally a tiny commercial side-business, most locals and visitors would describe it as a traditional rural farm-gate stall rather than a mainstream "commercial venture."
    Last edited by User211; 30-09-2026 at 12:21.

  10. #30
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah, ok that's cool

    If you like fruit, do you think you'd enjoy macedonia?

    Marco.
    I have eaten baclava, but again I find them too sticky and sweet. The same with Turkish desserts, and possibly most other desserts available Muslim countries.


    But to answer your question "do you think your would enjoy macedonia?" Well, I have never visited Macedonia, but have visited its neighbours: Greece, Albania, Kosova and Serbia, and Bulgaria, all of which I have enjoyed, so would most likely enjoy Macedonia.

    To 'dilute' this thread drift, I can tell you the worse wine I have ever sampled was in Albania. It was indescribably bad.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •