+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How loud can you play music

I'm Santosh.

Default How loud can you play music

I moved into the second floor flat recently..the flat is a newly built and in my opinion not very sound proof and sometimes you can hear the conversation from upper floor. I got a powerful system 750 monblock but i do not play it loud, i always put others first and do not want a complaint from my neighbours.usually i play it at around clock position 7 to 8. But yesterday my downstores neighbour came up and asked me turn the volume a bit down. i didn't want to be rude and i apoligised and turned the volume down. But after the complaint i thought about it and i was never playing it loud...if he can hear my music downstairs does that mean i am playing it loud.
    Any suggestion welcome

I'm Shaun.

A very difficult situation methinks. I kind of think that you are going to have to play your music at 'ambient' levels from now on to avoid any form of conflict. This could be a time to move to an SET valve amp or maybe not.

I'm Santosh.

Thanks,what is ambiant level
    I drive my power amp with tube Octave class A

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

A guy i know bought a flat & i really couldn't believe it when i went round there as it was built like a house with the flat above seperated by just a ceiling big rafters & a wooden floor ffs I'd have thought that they would have been seperated by reinforced concrete to cut down on noise transmission

I couldn't live in a place like that, you could hear the upstairs flat occupant walking round & the TV on etc, i'd drive me to suicide

I think what Shaun means is you'll have to keep it at the same kind of level as a normal conversation
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm ChrisB.

How loud can you play music
    With the 67cm thick solid stone walls in this house?
    Almost as loud as I've ever wanted to play music. Certainly louder than I need to.........or should!

I'm Nobody.

Join the club Santosh, i don't even bother using my speaker anymore cos of the complains at even ambient levels.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I'm lucky - we are very detached, so no restrictions other than my ears bleeding or speakers clipping - in reality, I don't actually like to play it too loud, though - I think my ears are quite sensitive due to my DJ'ing and gigging years
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Santosh.

some of you guys are lucky. Next time when the guys from downstairs complains i will speak to him with an attitude and ignore his complaint.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerto Audio View Post
    some of you guys are lucky. Next time when the guys from downstairs complains i will speak to him with an attitude and ignore his complaint.
    I just go with it & don't bother playing music as we have 5 moaning old folks in our block & just us middle aged couple stuck on the middle floor, 5 against 1 at the council office, as you can imagine doesnt look good even though only one or most probably two will complain the other three are part of the click & join suite if you know what i mean.

I'm Steve.

Unfortunately flats are a real mixed bag sound insulation-wise.

Usually large modern blocks have concrete floors and barrier walls between apartments for fire regulations, so sound proofing is normally excellent. The last flat I was in was amazingly well sound proofed. Never heard more than a slight murmur from anyone else and then only during parties, and I used to crank my system without any comment from anyone and I specifically asked them.

Conversions are totally different and often very poor however. Personally, if you want to be able to enjoy your system without worrying then I consider looking at some proper sound insulating products to do underfloor and possibly use a suspended ceiling, assuming you own rather than rent of course.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast