+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 24741141221231241251261341742246241124 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Nowt wrang with that Wallpaper & sofa

What about Janine Duvitski (Angela) cool Nana Mouskouri look
    Haha - it's the glasses that do it.
    Barry

Just watched the film version of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. Not a bad attempt at a visual interpretation of Douglas Adam's radio play.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just watched the film version of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. Not a bad attempt at a visual interpretation of Douglas Adam's radio play.
    Preferred the TV version of Marvin

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The books are probably my favourite portal into Douglas Adams humorous and wacky universe but I did enjoy the film a lot. Casting Mos Def as Ford was both inspired and brilliant, he pulled it off really well. In fact the entire cast were excellent, especially Sam Rockwell as Zaphod, his performance had me giggling with regularity. Zoe Deschanel was okay as Trillan but to be honest she is so gorgeous she can do no wrong in my eyes...

IMHO the BBC radio plays were the best - for the simple reason a lot was left up to your imagination. The BBC television production was a bit of a "curate's egg" - some parts were done well (the 'Guide' for example, done as graphics) , whereas Zaphod Beeblebrox's papier-maché second head was laughable.

Think overall I just prefered the version of Marvin used in the film. (Though if you look carefully, the BBC's version of Marvin can be seen in the queue to be seen by the Vogon civil servant.)
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And that orange leather furniture is super cool - I want it!
    & the painting sat on the sofa at the end which is called ''Wings of Love'' by Stephen Pearson

I'm Mike.

Default The Boss

No punches pulled here

The dark side of politics

Seen the 1st episode and impressed
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm sorted.

'Wheeler Dealers' on Discovery +1, they're doing a TVR Cerbera

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm sure Alex will approve even if others don't!!!!

sky arts hd - Duran Duran - Rio: classic albums.......if you're in your 40's you can't not like it!!!!!!!!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Must confess to a bit of Duran Duran in my collection - some surprisingly good songs, actually.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread