+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 22721121201211221231241321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The Happening

Starring Mark E Mark Whalburg - one of those films that starts really promisingly but ends up petering out with no satisfactory conclusion. Ironically not enough really happens. Cloverfield did a similar idea but with a lot more panache.
    Mark Wahlberg is a warning to me that the film is likely to be pants
    Thought M. Night Shyamalan did good things so this would be a suck it and see
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Thought M. Night Shyamalan did good things so this would be a suck it and see
    What else has he done?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    No, you're not having mine.......I haven't got any, anyway......what pills?

......so Mr Gates, you want some advice on investments, then?
    Right somewhere in Lancashire then eh
    I reckon I can find you

TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

What else has he done?
    1992 Praying with Anger - don't know it
    1998 Wide Awake - don't know it
    1999 The Sixth Sense Very good film
    Stuart Little Ok if you like that sort of thing
    2000 Unbreakable Great film
    2002 Signs Yes - don't know it
    2004 The Village - don't know it
    2006 Lady in the Water
    2008 The Happening
    2010 The Last Airbender - cobblers
    Devil - don't know it
    2013 After Earth - don't know it

Mike

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    1992 Praying with Anger - don't know it
    1998 Wide Awake - don't know it
    1999 The Sixth Sense Very good film
    Stuart Little Ok if you like that sort of thing
    2000 Unbreakable Great film
    2002 Signs Yes - don't know it
    2004 The Village - don't know it
    2006 Lady in the Water
    2008 The Happening
    2010 The Last Airbender - cobblers
    Devil - don't know it
    2013 After Earth - don't know it
    Ah same bloke who did The Sixth Sense - gotcha now. Friend of mine went to see The Last Airbender but she said they had to leave before the end as not only was it cobblers but apparantly the characters have lines such as 'I am the greatest bender in the world!' and her constant sniggering was upsetting nearby audience members who were taking it more seriously.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Ah same bloke who did The Sixth Sense - gotcha now. Friend of mine went to see The Last Airbender but she said they had to leave before the end as not only was it cobblers but apparantly the characters have lines such as 'I am the greatest bender in the world!' and her constant sniggering was upsetting nearby audience members who were taking it more seriously.
    It was so poor I could barely raise a smile at all the benders

Mike

I'm Neil.

Signs is a wonderfully deep film - forget the aliens this movie is really about theological subjects such as grace, providence and faith a very Christian film with real insight and coming from someone who isn't of that faith.

I liked the Happening as it did leave things unexplained and do you know what? Life is often like that with no nicely wrapped up answers and explanations.

Having seen a trailer for After Earth I am looking forward to seeing it - sci fi about a crashed spaceship's survivors fighting to live on a desperately hostile planet - Earth. Its set in the distant future after humanity is forced to abandon Earth.

Regards Neil

MartinT Guest

It's strange that, after having just seen Cloud Atlas, my next watch was another take on the multiple connected storylines scenario. Smaller in scope but almost as effective, this was a very enjoyable film that gets your attention and doesn't let go. I found myself nodding as I spotted the connections and it all hung together rather well, while not attempting to explain each vignette thoroughly. Well played by a good cast, and Rachel Weisz managed as usual to look utterly gorgeous.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I love a good survival horror movie with vampires or zombies - just watched Stake Land - was great and really enjoyed it, but shocked by how old Kelly McGillis looks these days! She was so hot in Top Gun and still only in her fifties now but looks 10 years older!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Signs is a wonderfully deep film - forget the aliens this movie is really about theological subjects such as grace, providence and faith a very Christian film with real insight and coming from someone who isn't of that faith.

Regards Neil
    Agreed Neil, Signs is a much misunderstood movie in my opinion but then so are many of Nights other films. I went to see Signs with a couple of friends who were expecting a Sci-Fi blockbuster. I tried to warn them that Nights films were rather more cerebral than that but they didn't listen and consequently left the cinema disappointed. For me Signs is one of his best films. Sixth Sense made me cry the first time I saw it and I regret that it will never affect me in the same way again. A truly wonderful piece of work.

+ Reply to Thread