+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Default What a guitarist

Thanks to my mate Derek in Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY7GnAq6Znw

He sounds pretty good. Watching what he does is amazing
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Battleship

I don't have the time to describe this utter dreck in sufficient detail, merely warning you that if you watch it you will want that time back to do something else, such as stand in the wardrobe.

I would like to know just how long it would take to get the USS Missouri working again, but I think you would be safe in estimating months or years, not just a few hours.

If you do decide to watch this steaming pile of excrement, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Battleship

I don't have the time to describe this utter dreck in sufficient detail, merely warning you that if you watch it you will want that time back to do something else, such as stand in the wardrobe.

I would like to know just how long it would take to get the USS Missouri working again, but I think you would be safe in estimating months or years, not just a few hours.

If you do decide to watch this steaming pile of excrement, don't say I didn't warn you.
    I decided to give it a miss just from reading the blurb on the box. If its own promotional material makes it sound shite how bad has the actual film got to be? Surprised you even gave it a go, Martin.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

MartinT Guest

I don't know why myself, Martin!

I'm Bernie.

Optimism!
    Bernie.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I too watched Battleship (on Sunday evening, after Martin's warning which I've only just seen! )

Pure unadulterated cack of the stinkiest order.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    Optimism!
    Or perhaps masochism...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Caught up tonight with two superb films I'd recorded - Atonement and then Limitless.

Both completely different but absorbing and brilliant in their own way. Limitless reminded me in style of Fight Club somehow - not looked into it further so if there is a connection between them I'm not aware, but wouldn't be surprised.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

MartinT Guest

Ah yes, both excellent. Limitless, as you say Alex, has a style all of its own but the slightly out of body experience of much of it is related to Fight Club, I agree.

I'm Martin.

James Bond in Skyfall

Really enjoyed this I was quite surprised as the other two Craig efforts were passable at best. Its a fact of course that the last truly great Bond film was The Spy Who Loved Me, although The World is Not Enough was above aversge for later period Bond. I like the way Sam Mendes directed this - in some parts it is almost if it was Kubrick directing - he is not afraid to linger on a shot, which I like as I hate all this super fast cutting you get these days - I can't follow what is going on in those films. Anyways, it's a good 'un - I'm aactually looking forward to the next one and I haven't said that in a while.

Addendum - a word of advice if you are a henchman whose job it is to cover Bond whilst the evil villain explains his plan for world domination. Yes Bond is, for no good reason, still alive and yes, he is inexplicitly unfettered by ropes or handcuffs but he is unarmed and you are not. So do not and I repeat DO NOT pointlessley move so close to him that he can, in a fraction of a second, spin around, grab your weapon, shoot you with it and then shoot your five buddies with it and turn the entrire situation around. Just stay about ten feet back from him at all times - it's really not hard.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread