+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard 301 Plinth

Default Garrard 301 Plinth

Any one any idea where this rather gorgeous plinth may have come from?

I'm Nobody.

Nice Carbon fibe laminated top, Maple surround, would look very 60's coolness if it were black acrylic top, white acrylic surround with orange armboard

Here goes

http://www.areaudio.com/news.htm

Thanks for that.
    Dai

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

same idea, but different - my guess is the ebay seller did it himself, seems quite common - try asking?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

The plinth was built by Russ Collinson who has become the Wams resident woodworker. Very good he is too!

In the link below is the very plinth with the 301 & also some other lovely stuff he's made. The 2nd 3rd & 4th photos are Toms who posts here as montesquieu 401 plinth & 6B4G mono blocks.

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic...40&forum_id=16

I have no connection with Russ I just think he's making some lovely stuff!

Cheers, alfie
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm Nobody.

I'm guessing he made them for the guys in the link i posted?? Nice to see a good cabinet maker at last..people don't seem to care these days, they rather settle for some plain boring black junki finish instead of real wood.The excuse is' i don't like bling!'

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Check out his website - the Gallery in particular - and the prices are not too eyewatering either... hmmmm...

http://www.layers-of-beauty.co.uk/page7.php
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Marco - I bet he'd do your Lockwoods - they would be superb looking at the quality of the work in the Gallery, (and praise on the 'Wam page)...
    Alex

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Check out his website - the Gallery in particular - and the prices are not too eyewatering either... hmmmm...

http://www.layers-of-beauty.co.uk/page7.php
    Are yer thinking about pushing the boat out & buying one? Not many proper craftsmen around these days.

Definitely worth considering for my 401 - I've been umming and aaaahing what to do with it for years - sonically a slate plinth is probably the way to go, but proper wood just looks so nice, IMO... Think something like a solid ply with veneer would be a good compromise.
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast