I am not sure if I am alone, but a busy job, hectic family and the everyday pressures of life have meant that Hi-Fi has taken a bit of a back seat in recent month, even years. Music is still a massive part of my life and almost always on, but it is usually a Spotify playlist via Bluetooth in the kitchen, car or study, or the radio. I guess it has been the same with other hobbies over the years – I used to be very into photography, and this too waxes and wains.

Last week my wife had a chap over to look at some collectables from her father’s estate, and it turned out he was also a vinyl dealer/enthusiast. We got chatting as you do, and it made me realise that I do actually miss playing my records, even CD’s. I also realised that I hardly ever play any albums from start to finish – nearly always just a playlist on random...

So how to get your Hi-Fi mojo back? I don’t think I need to start buying more kit (though that’s always an option!) but I have started playing the odd record when I get a chance, and revisiting full albums, even if just via FLAC rather than Spotify. Baby steps!

So have you been in the same position? What made you get back into your Hi-Fi, and perhaps more importantly - the music?