+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Hi-Fi Mojo Back

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Yes, Splotifly is your friend I had one of the first free accounts when it started and despite being the free version to my buggered Tinitus ridden ears it sounds more than acceptable. Has helped me find loads of stuff that I would never have known was available or that I would like.

If you can find it look out for am album by Earl Grey - Purveyors Of The New Groove. Don't blench when I tell you it is mainly Drum & Bass with tones of Ambient thrown in

There was an article in HiFi Choice many many years ago about the making of this album as they decided to use many millions (well - a lot!) of stacked Mana tables in the studio as they obviously felt that this was the right thing to do. I heard many tracks being played to good effect at several Hifi Shows at Heathrow thereafter. My Souls On Ice is an atmospheric moody bass laden/ambient gem IMO of course.
    Wouldn't put me off, sounds like just the job
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I really enjoy hunting round the shops for used CDs, occasionally getting things I've been after and taking a punt on stuff I don't know.

None of that with streaming. Yes you can try new stuff but there's not the thrill of bagging a kill and taking it back to the cave.

I think we should indulge our prehistoric instincts, it's important for mental health. Probably.

Okay so I do sometimes cheat and buy from Music Magpie or an Amazon seller.
    Is that what the voices in your head are telling you

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

We were supposed to be doing a car boot sale this weekend so I was planning on skiving for a bit and having a good rummage, but the site is so waterlogged it has been cancelled.

The other downside is that my lounge will look like this for at least another week…

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Yeah, that's broken.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well you can always do some jigsaw puzzles to pass the time.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Or there's all those DVD box sets to go at.

Must be in a different country as it seems to be sunny outside.
    Current Lash Up:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

54 1000 piece jigsaws should keep me quiet for the rest of the month, but as noted it is sunny so gardening will take priority!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

How much do you want for the telly?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It’s actually knackered - Syd (that’s our dog) decided to try and catch the ball when I was watching the footie a few months ago - where he’s bashed into it there are discoloured patches with a blue hue - so it will need replacing - have insurance/warranty cover, but as I have had to make 3 claims for the dishwasher and 2 for the washing machine already this year with the same company I am holding off for a while!
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast