+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Getting the Hi-Fi Mojo Back

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    It’s actually knackered - Syd (that’s our dog) decided to try and catch the ball when I was watching the footie a few months ago - where he’s bashed into it there are discoloured patches with a blue hue - so it will need replacing - have insurance/warranty cover, but as I have had to make 3 claims for the dishwasher and 2 for the washing machine already this year with the same company I am holding off for a while!
    You could do that I suppose, but by now your household's reputation as the place where appliances go to die will already be well founded and written in stone down at the MIB

Might be worth using the money raised from selling your other stuff to invest in a wall mount for your new telly, and trade in your dog for a smaller one
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Upgrade the dog to a cat.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I think Alex is an insurance broker, so knows how to get around these "problems".

Regarding wall mounting of TVs, I am in the middle of redecorating my partner's flat and she wants the TV up on the wall. Will have to see what Argos can offer, but nothing I have seen so far gets 100% positive reviews.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Something like this should do the trick Barry. Most of the designs out there are just fine for the job, I've fitted similar for myself and for both of my daughters' tvs. It goes without saying that the important thing is having it strongly fixed to the wall. Unless you need to be able to swing the tv round sideways, I'd avoid those with the 'arm' - just more complicated and quite bulky.

Don't bother with the supplied 'bubble' levels, they're pants. Best to use your own.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perlegear-T...%2C137&sr=8-14

The trailing wires do my head in a bit, but you can buy plastic trunking from B&Q quite cheaply. Just sticks to the wall with double-sided tape (included).

Like this:

https://www.diy.com/departments/d-li...6644391_BQ.prd
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

If you do need a swinging one and the TV is 42" or smaller I can recommend the one below - got one for my son's room where it needed to tilt and swivel and seems very strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234