+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grant Brown (Struth) Moderator - RIP

I'm Alan.

Oh no that is tragic news.

I had the good fortune to meet him at his home, a true gent. The forum will be an emptier place without him.

RIP Grant. I shall sink a dram later in memory.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Lawrence.

Just found out the very upsetting news from reading the recent posts on the whisky thread, which seems appropriate given his love of a wee dram or two

I would just add one thing to the above as someone who browses and posts on a few hifi forums, that it was Grant's modest, gentle and patient contributions to AoS that largely made it what it was (and hopefully remains) - the most pleasant, welcoming and unassuming hifi forum in the UK.

Raising a glass to you Grant, all the best wherever you are.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Lloyd.

The news is very sad. Much pleasure being part of forum is chatting with other members often never meeting in person and iirc Grant was one of the first people I interacted with upon joining and quickly I got a good idea of his humorous ways along with a depth of knowledge on many topics … I shall miss the man all the more for never meeting him in person and although I’m not supposed to be drinking at present I’ll raise a small snifter of Malt to him tonight
    A widower finding solace in music

I'm guy.

Great shame, very knowledgeable chap - I will have a drink to him this evening.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Rob.

I always enjoyed his input here. Such sad news
    Rob.