+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The day - today

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I used to watch Brookie since it helped with homesickness. Which she found quite amusing. She was posh and didn't really approve of watching telly. Although she did get into Brookie even though it was past its best by then.

I think that the whole Jordache thing was about 1991/1992. But might be wrong.

I got her into 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' too
    Trevor was stabbed to death by wife Mandy in May 1993, then buried by her and daughter Beth. He was found two years later by Jimmy Corkhill and Eddie Banks.

As for Prisoner: Cell Block 'H':

Ropey storylines, wonky cardboard sets, all it had going for it was the women who were gorgeous

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Trevor was stabbed to death by wife Mandy in May 1993, then buried by her and daughter Beth. He was found two years later by Jimmy Corkhill and Eddie Banks.

As for Prisoner: Cell Block 'H':

Ropey storylines, wonky cardboard sets, all it had going for it was the women who were gorgeous

I used to fancy 'Kelly'. I find criminality in women attractive, pick the bones out of that Dr Freud.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

30 April 2009 - The Met Office forecast odds-on for a "barbecue summer", with no repeat of the previous two years' washouts. But average rainfall for that summer was up 40%.

30 April 1945 - Adolf Hitler and his new bride Eva Braun end what must be one of the shortest honeymoons ever. With the Russian army now just a stone's throw away, they said goodbye to their bunker staff and retired to another room, where he shot himself, while Eva went for the poison option.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

OK, so it wasn't actually 40 years ago today, but too funny not to post!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

OK, so it wasn't actually 40 years ago today, but too funny not to post!
    "Get your own Charles, this is all mine"

Both southerners, so probably no mushy peas and no gravy

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I used to fancy 'Kelly'. I find criminality in women attractive, pick the bones out of that Dr Freud.
    So you come home to your new bird waiting there with a pair of these: "Thought I'd treat you to these Macca, and I didn't even have to shoot anyone... they're just a bit hot right now, so don't play them too loudly"

I'll leave you to build on the fantasy

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    'How big can you make your hair?'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    So you come home to your new bird waiting there with a pair of these: "Thought I'd treat you to these Macca, and I didn't even have to shoot anyone... they're just a bit hot right now, so don't play them too loudly"

I'll leave you to build on the fantasy
    Yeah I wish. She'd have to go to Paris to nick them as that's the nearest dealer.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2 May 1519
    Leonardo da Vinci, Italian artist and man of science, died at the age of 67.

2 May 1933
    The Loch Ness Monster legend was born as the Inverness Courier reported 'an enormous animal rolling and plunging on the surface'.

2 May 1997
    Tony Blair, at age 43, became the youngest PM in 185 years as Labour routed the Tories in the general election.

Birthdays:
    David Beckham, footballer, 49
    Lily Allen, singer, 39.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default The day - yesterday

Apologies for the delay - I was otherwise preoccupied.

1 May 1707
    The Union of Scotland and England was proclaimed.

1 May 1840
    The first Penny Black stamps went on sale five days before the official issue date.

1 May 1931
    US president Herbert Hoover opened the Empire State Building in New York. At 1,250 ft high it was the world's tallest building.

1 May 1994
    F1 ace Ayrton Senna was killed in a crash, age 34, at the San Marino Grand Prix in Imola.

1 May 2009
    Carol Ann Duffy became the first female Poet Laureate.

Birthdays:

Rita Coolidge, singer, 79
    Joanna Lumley, actress, 78
    Ray Parker Jr, singer, 70
    Wes Anderson, director, 55
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast