+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dutchman

I'm Hotze.

Default Dutchman

Hello Everybody, my name is Hotze from The Netherlands, living in old university city called Leiden near The Hague.
    Since the eighties I got infected with the audio virus, starting with Quad 44/405 & Kef 101 RR and a great Thorens turntable with a Hadcock arm and a Denon MC Cartridge.
    The former dealer made weekly visits to the UK in a Peugeot 504 7 seater, bringing back finest British as Sonneteer, Sugden and Quad.
    Have had tons of equipment, mostly tube gear, Quad, Eastern Electric, Transcendentsound OTL etc., various loudspeakers e.g. full range from Fostex (DIY), Cube Bliss and more traditional systems as Living Voice Auditorium, Aurum Cantus, Tannoy.
    Currently plaing with an Audio Note 300B kit, Bastanis Wildhorns speakers, Merason (Swiss) D/A converter, Schiit Frey Plus pre-amp and a Transcendent Bruiser KT 120 power amp I have built myself(bought as a kit).
    In the end the magic of music playing counts the most, the equipment is a tool and nice tools make even more fun, and tubes do contribute for me a lot.
    Listen mostly to piano, jazz music from the sixties ( recorded with valves), brassbands and Theatre Organ, radio Naim Jazz.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Hotze.

Nice place where you live. I visited the Netherlands several times in the '80s and 90's, and travelled all over (easy to do there).

Good to learn you were raised on British audio gear. Do you still play vinyl, and what was the Thorens deck?

As you say, the equipment is only a means to an end - that of reproducing music in a way you find the most pleasing.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Welcome to the club! I used Bastanis Dragonflies for a while and sold them on to Alan (@mad-moon ) on here, I think he really likes them too. I'd love another pair of his speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Hotze. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you, there's plenty going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS Hotze, hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread