+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable 'Burn In'.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Put the cable in the box with the cat..

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'm InSpace.

Ah!... Schrodinger's Cat I think you must mean!

Good book, as long as you don't mind your head having corners by the time you've finished reading it!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes indeed!

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I thought for a minute we'd had another pet disaster!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I thought for a minute we'd had another pet disaster!
    Well... that might happen. And it might not. The cat might not be in the box. Or the cat could BE the box! And if no-ones there to hear the cat, does the cat exist?

Or is the cat a corkscrew gathering the malingering electrons and negative charges and forcing them to join the procession?

I'm fucked if I know!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The cable might be good,the cable might not be good...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I found this rather wonderful bit of text today, have a read and see if any of it makes sense.

It is critical to not only concentrate on the conductor, but also the dielectric. Ideally, cable burn-in needs to force electrons into all areas of the cable; this is something that simply playing music through an audio system can never achieve.

The <name delated> cable burn-in accelerator from <name deleted> not only dramatically reduces the burn-in time of all cables, but also fully prepares them like no music ever can. <gadget in question> does more than simply synthesise music; using specially-developed technology, the unit generates a sequence of unique ultra-low frequencies to penetrate the core of the conductor, and ultra-high frequencies that penetrate both the conductor and the dielectric.

Using conventional methods, it’s extremely difficult to condition the dielectric of a cable, yet this is exactly where effort should be focused. Using carefully controlled energy levels and frequencies, electrons are forced and attempt to enter the dielectric. Imagine a high-frequency, high-energy force zipping along the conductor surface in a corkscrew fashion between the conductor and into the dielectric; the malingering electrons and negative charges are then forced to join the procession.
    Eh, what?

You are not alone. I have a strong electrical engineering background and it still does not make any sense. It is a warble.

The gentleman in that text is referring to forcing the electrons towards the surface of a conductor. A conductor has a property called an inductance and the inductance in the center of a conductor is greater. As the frequency increases the inductance takes greater effect and the current experiences greater opposition, forcing the electrons towards the surface of the conductor to flow. But when the current flow ceases eveything goes back to normal. You do not open up new frontiers to the electrons by applying that so called magic burn in signal.

If one thinks he/she hears a difference by applying that magic burn in signal to a conductor then it is his/her affair. But as soon as one enters into psuedo scientific lecturing then the problem starts. Let's discuss the effects of cable resistance, capacitance and inductance, but if we are going to get down to electron theory let's make sure we have sufficient physics credentials.

However, equipment heating time is real but there are no magics in it. It is as simple as the components reaching to a stable tempereture and consistent functioning. I don't start testing as soon as I turn my scope or oscillator on. I have a minimum heat up time of half an hour.
    Cemal.

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahib View Post
    You are not alone. I have a strong electrical engineering background and it still does not make any sense. It is a warble.

The gentleman in that text is referring to forcing the electrons towards the surface of a conductor. A conductor has a property called an inductance and the inductance in the center of a conductor is greater. As the frequency increases the inductance takes greater effect and the current experiences greater opposition, forcing the electrons towards the surface of the conductor to flow. But when the current flow ceases eveything goes back to normal. You do not open up new frontiers to the electrons by applying that so called magic burn in signal.

If one thinks he/she hears a difference by applying that magic burn in signal to a conductor then it is his/her affair. But as soon as one enters into psuedo scientific lecturing then the problem starts. Let's discuss the effects of cable resistance, capacitance and inductance, but if we are going to get down to electron theory let's make sure we have sufficient physics credentials.

However, equipment heating time is real but there are no magics in it. It is as simple as the components reaching to a stable tempereture and consistent functioning. I don't start testing as soon as I turn my scope or oscillator on. I have a minimum heat up time of half an hour.
    Yes!... Thank you!

I was particularly impressed by this bit... But NOT favourably...

Imagine a high-frequency, high-energy force zipping along the conductor surface in a corkscrew fashion between the conductor and into the dielectric; the malingering electrons and negative charges are then forced to join the procession.

Complete drivel!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast