+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 991 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Time as a commodity becomes increasingly precious as we get older, and I wouldn't be spending much of my 5 hours a day leisure time on cleaning, that's for sure. Luckily Mrs. P does most of it. If it were left to me our standards would be rather lower, but not minging.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I did actually employ a cleaner but her house burned down and she had to move away before she even got started.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think it is the giving a shit that Gaz is talking about.

Time is the thing though, I'm out 11 hours a day and I like to get 8 hours kip, that only leaves 5 hours for me which is either music or telly time. Back when I was on the rock and roll the place was immaculate. Old houses harder to keep clean too.
    Wot - it's only women who give a shit how clean the house is? That's not true either. I'm more fastidious about that than Del is - always have been. Ditto my dad, compared with my mum (and he was the one out working all the time), although neither my mum or Del were/are mucky pups

However, I agree very much about older properties being much harder to keep clean.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Time as a commodity becomes increasingly precious as we get older...
    Or, you have much more of it than you've ever had, because you're retired!

That's the healthier reality. TIME is defo a precious commodity though, regardless, and for me *MUCH* more important than money, for all sorts of reasons, most of all considering the effects of the current pandemic...

Not much point having worked like a dog for years, amassed pots of cash in the bank, and having sacrificed your personal relationships accordingly, once you're dead!! That's why you also have to live for the moment, not just plan for the future, as the future you've planned might never happen.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andre.

Well im mega OCD with the housework. Chezza is that one thats not too fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    My mate has an original Arbarth 500 - he also has a Ferrari, and often takes them both to local car shows - the 500 always gets the most attention, especially from the ladies! It’s absolutely immaculate as all his cars are, and yes, have to agree they’re cute!
    Yup, they're gorgeous little things - proper driver's cars! And I'll be ensuring that it's kept as finely-tuned as possible, and always looking immaculate

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Well im mega OCD with the housework. Chezza is that one thats not too fussed.
    Ha - there you go... So much for stereotypes!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

I had a mate who was looking for a house to rent and another who had a spare house to rent so I put them together and this bloke's been living there ten years now. But he's getting married in the autumn so he's moving in with the bird. I swear to god he has not cleaned that place once in all that time.

But now he has to leave it looking at least half decent when he leaves. I mean, Marco, if you think my place is a bit messy you have got no idea. This is unbelievable. It is going to take him a week full time to scratch the surface of it. And he isn't the worst I know by a long shot.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - there you go... So much for stereotypes!!

Marco.
    Me too, Sue drives me to distraction with her tardiness - she’ll make a cup of tea, a simple enough operation, but the mess! Cup cupboard door left open, spoon draw left open, lid of tea bag canister left off, tea bag and spoon left on the counter, milk left out of the fridge, wet “ring” from the cup not wiped up. Sometimes the fridge door left open. Apparently I’m “anal” for having a problem with any of this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Time as a commodity becomes increasingly precious as we get older, and I wouldn't be spending much of my 5 hours a day leisure time on cleaning, that's for sure. Luckily Mrs. P does most of it. If it were left to me our standards would be rather lower, but not minging.
    One of the reasons i have a sparce modern pristine home, People think your at it all the time keeping up the show room appearance but believe me you are not.

+ Reply to Thread