+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 991 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116516 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Me too, Sue drives me to distraction with her tardiness - she’ll make a cup of tea, a simple enough operation, but the mess! Cup cupboard door left open, spoon draw left open, lid of tea bag canister left off, tea bag and spoon left on the counter, milk left out of the fridge, wet “ring” from the cup not wiped up. Sometimes the fridge door left open. Apparently I’m “anal” for having a problem with any of this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boot her ass.. Or spank it.. Yes, spank is best
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I had a mate who was looking for a house to rent and another who had a spare house to rent so I put them together and this bloke's been living there ten years now. But he's getting married in the autumn so he's moving in with the bird. I swear to god he has not cleaned that place once in all that time.

But now he has to leave it looking at least half decent when he leaves. I mean, Marco, if you think my place is a bit messy you have got no idea. This is unbelievable. It is going to take him a week full time to scratch the surface of it. And he isn't the worst I know by a long shot.
    Lol - so why live like that (in such a pigsty)? For me, there are only two possible reasons:

1) Mental health issues (generally depression).
    2) Sheer laziness.
    3) A combination of the above.

And I'm not referring here to your gaff (which is not like that), but those you've just described of your mates. I don't buy the 'It's just a single bloke's thing', as I can *ASSURE* you, if I lived on my own, the place would be tidy, although not to OCD levels. However, I'd likely lean towards Timbo's standards of "Captain Tidy"

For me, unless you suffer from mental health issues, liable to influence matters accordingly, there's NO acceptable excuse for living in a midden!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - so why live like that (in such a pigsty)? For me, there are only two possible reasons:

1) Mental health issues (generally depression).
    2) Sheer laziness.
    3) A combination of the above.

And I'm not referring here to your gaff (which is not like that), but those you've just described of your mates. I don't buy the 'It's just a blokey thing', as I can *ASSURE* you, if I lived on my own, the place would be tidy, although not to OCD levels. However, I'd likely lean towards Timbo's standards of "Captain Tidy"

For me, unless you suffer from mental health issues, liable to influence matters accordingly, there's NO acceptable excuse for living in a midden!

Marco.
    They both have pretty high powered jobs too. I don't get it. They certainly aren't depressed, they're as happy as sandboys. I couldn't live like that though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Me too, Sue drives me to distraction with her tardiness - she’ll make a cup of tea, a simple enough operation, but the mess! Cup cupboard door left open, spoon draw left open, lid of tea bag canister left off, tea bag and spoon left on the counter, milk left out of the fridge, wet “ring” from the cup not wiped up. Sometimes the fridge door left open. Apparently
    Lol - Del does that, too... Fantastic cook, but the kitchen's like a bomb site when she's finished. It takes me longer tidying up afterwards than she's taken to cook!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    One of the reasons i have a sparce modern pristine home, People think your at it all the time keeping up the show room appearance but believe me you are not.
    Yes, that’s true, when I was on my own the place was pristine, but didn’t take much effort to keep it that way. Before kids it wasn’t too bad, but once we got a bigger place and nippers it’s not so much dirty as just a bloody mess!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Gary.

Not all about the Bass..’bout the balance.

Kitchen or elsewhere...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Boot her ass.. Or spank it.. Yes, spank is best
    Good suggestion! I may be gone for some time...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They both have pretty high powered jobs too. I don't get it. They certainly aren't depressed, they're as happy as sandboys. I couldn't live like that though.
    Filthy, lazy buggers then, mate. No other excuse. I couldn't live like that either, as the mess would get me down every time I saw it. I simply could not function in a tip!

Marco.
    Main System

Good suggestion! I may be gone for some time...
    Somehow I think the roles would be reversed, so I'm picturing Sue doing the spanking!!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Somehow I think the roles would be reversed, so I'm picturing Sue doing the spanking!!

Marco.
    I may be gone for longer - two weeks of “self isolation” doesn’t sound so bad now (desperately trying to bring the thread back on topic! )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread